How can I cook sirloin steak on top of the stove or in the oven so that it comes out tender?

• Hannah
    Favorite Answer

You have to marinade it for at least 3 hours or it's tough. I also pound it so that the marinate goes deep into the steak.

Yeah you can. For this purpose. I'd get really good thick steaks. I pan sear mine on the stove over high heat. About 1 minute on each side. Then put them in an oven-safe pan,place in a 450F oven. Depending on the thickness of your steak and how done you want it. It can take anywhere from 7-15 minutes. For steaks about an inch thick I'd go about 7-8 minutes and get a medium rare. The really thick steaks like Porterhouse takes a few minutes longer to achieve the same.

*I also marinade mine in Italian dressing. Thinner steaks for about 15 minutes. For thicker steaks especially if they don't have enough marbling,I sometimes marinade them for an hour or two. (Make sure you pat dry your steak before you sear it.)

• WAH

If you marinade it in something acidic, i.e. lemon juice, a little touch of vinegar, and then make the pan screaming hot, put the steak in for around 4 minutes, flip it, wait another four, it should still be medium and tender.

I would put it under the broiler (HOT) for about 7 minutes on each side.Watch it closely for the way you like it cooked. Don't over cook any steak.

with a pan by paying attention to it and using a marinade

low and slow