Bethany asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

i need honest answers! will i lose weight IF...?

... i eat 6 healthy meals a day (3 MEALS, 3 snacks) and RUN about an hour a day, 5 days a week.. ?!

NOW i know i will loose weight. but will it be fast results? im really looking into loosing 15lbs a MONTH at the least. of course i would love to lose more. but thats where im aiming for right now. im currently doing the HCG diet, i dont know if you all know what that is. but im on day 6 and im geting annoyed becuase i havn't really lost any weight. ive been stuck on 2 pounds for those 6 days.. if you have any advice on the HCG diet, that would be awesome!

BUT ANYWAYS, back to the real question.. so what do you think? think i can do 15lbs a month. by MAY i really want to be down about.. 40lbs!

so is this a realistic goal?!

i would be so greatful for any advice you guys give me :)

thanks so much in advance! and looking forward to what you guys think! :)

OH! AND P.S. ---> yes! this will be a lifestyle change :D its not just some temporary thing!

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission issued seven warning letters on Tuesday December 6, 2011 to companies that sell the over-the-counter products, noting they have not been approved by the FDA for weight loss. The drops do not contain hcg hormone but similar synthetic peptide amino acids. This is the first step in terminating the sale of the ineffective drops.

Finally the Food and Drug Administration has taken steps to stop these possibly harmful products.

Anyone that lost weight on the diet protocol only did because they were eating 500 calories a day and in starvation mode. The drops legally cannot contain any real hcg anyway. Most conscientious pharmacies have already pulled them from the shelves and others are selling down.

The side effects of the hcg diet protocol are the side effects of malnutrition. These include headache, hair loss, interruption of menstrual cycles, fatigue, feeling lightheaded, disorientation, stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea.

Something to think about. One of the side effects of properly using the hcg injections to increase fertility is weight gain. So how can the hormone cause weight loss other than malnutrition?

I know you hate to hear it but a healthy diet and exercise work every time.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnoun...

Watch these clips for a very informative discussion regarding the pros and cons. It was filmed prior to the FTC/FDA announcement.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/weight-loss-controv...

Source(s): See this question for my recommendations on a diet that works. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtGa5...
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

HcG diet is not legitimate. It makes you consume low calories and that is what you are losing weight from. If you check the FDA website they will let you know that the entire principle is a scam and that there has never been one shred of evidence to prove HcG aids in weight loss. Most HCG containers also contain no HCG or if it does, it is unregulated and illegal as the FDA has not screened any such weight loss supplement.

I would suggest you look into more reasonable, healthy and effective diets like the DASH diet.

Perhaps even P90x or Insanity exercise programs as well. They definitely will make you lose weight if you follow the instructions!

• 9 years ago

If you are doing hcg make sure you have a good brand, not something from gnc...also don't cheat even a little bit. My husband and I did it and lost 60 lbs each. There are hard days, and the ones we cheated we didn't loose at all, which make the next day worse. Also if you are doing true hcg you should NOT be excercising. Walking a little is fine, that's about it. If you are stuck you can do a steak or apple day. I loved doing a steak day. You wait all day nothing but water, and lunch or dinner you have a huge steak amd a tomato. Or apples you eat like 6 apples in the day...blech. either help break the rutt. If you need more help look into a website called sparkpeople they have forums on diets including hcg (with recipies ) and good luck!

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 5 years ago

Once a 7 days, snap a photo of yourself so you can see proof of your physique changing. Weight-loss jars are also an incredible visual reminder of reaching your own goal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Keep weights in the living room in order to do some reps while viewing television.

• 4 years ago

You already know never in order to skip breakfast, but it's also vital that you eat within an hour of waking for boosting your metabolism.

• 4 years ago

To lose excess weight you need to consume or melt away 3, 500 calories from fat per lb .

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Get 1 to 2 alcoholic drinks daily rather than a lot more

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Follow the 80/20 rule, which means eating clean 80 percent of the time and indulging a little 20 percent of that time period.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Keep weights in the living room so that you can do some reps while watching television.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.