Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
What do you think of novelty songs?
What are some of your favorite novelty songs? And could you please rate the following as in how they make you laugh or smile. Have fun and enjoy.
1. They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa - Napoleon XIV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmbbFD_XhQ
2. Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thH3qnHTbI
3. Charlie Brown - The Coasters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk
4. The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXTem5ngvCg
5. Alley Oop - The Hollywood Argyles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjw6W9Fnq0
6. Witch Doctor - David Seville http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjrTcYMqBM
7. Open The Door, Richard - Dusty Fletcher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhlBc9LJuws
8. Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah - Allen Sherman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0q85NahmQw
9. Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIwLeASnkw&ob=av2e
10. Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor - Lonnie Donegan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bFTVi0hHs
Man I use to love these songs when I was a lot younger, but they still bring a smile and a laugh to be.
BQ: Don't you think music should be fun like this at time?
Hope you all have some fun and a few laughs
Black Jack who said we were talking about good music, and what you think is good music is crap to others, it's all down to taste and not what is good. Thanks for your answer. Take care dave
sugaree, thank you and yes they can bring a smile.
Keeprock, thank you for your answer also. take care dave
Honorary Walrus, good to see you around and thanks for your answer take care dave
Trixie it's always a delight when you answer. Thanks take care dave
Harvey, they can bring back the simple easy moments of live can't they? Thank you for your answer.
take care dave
Simone, thanks for your answer and I can't see why someone would thumbs you down for being honest.
And Black Jack you did get a thumbs up for me, just for answering, and that is all I was asking
Red Rose I really like that one about your wife and you, thanks for taking the time to answer,
thanks for answering my question Mike
- Anonymous9 years agoFavorite Answer
There's only one song that I don't recognize in your list but the ones that I do I'll give 10 thumbs up. I love novelty songs and even theme songs from some shows which are funny or interesting. I think music would really stink if there was never any fun in it but just all serious all the time. Maybe that's why I'm not exactly really fond of classical because my intellect just isn't that refined to be able to hear when it's supposed to be funny or not.
I used to sing this to my wife when we were first dating. I'd hold her real close then sing it in her ear...lol
Strangely she really enjoyed it and loved when I'd sing it.
Here's a few more novelty songs that I like.
Cocktails For Two
Three LIttle Pigs
Don't Eat That Yellow Snow
Earache My Eye
Three Little Bears
Great question Dave.
- simoneLv 79 years ago
I like them unless they're overplayed. Usually they're fun though.
1. 9/10 Laugh, Kind of dark for a novelty but funny lyrics
2. 10/10 Smile, Very danceable
3. 10/10 I don't even think of this song as a novelty song
4. 6/10 Smirk, Meh
5. 8/10 Smile
6. 8/10 Laugh
7. 5/10 Groan, Annoying
8. 3/10 Chuckle, Very annoying
9. 4/10 Groan, Overplayed
10. 7/10 Smirk
Aneka - Japanese Boy
The Vapors - Turning Japanese
Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
The Coasters - LITTLE EGYPT
I like The Coasters
- Trixie DelightLv 79 years ago
I love humor in music.
Poisoning Pigeons in the Park - Tom Lehrer:
Dead Puppies- Ogden Edsl:
Fish Heads - Barnes and Barnes:
- Honorary WalrusLv 79 years ago
Novelty Songs were always Hit or Miss with me..It's either enjoyable or pure crap...
Nice choices David, brings me back to a simpler time...
BQ: Music shouldn't be fun all the time,no..I believe there should always be Music available that suits the listener's particular feelings at that moment in time....
Puff the Magic Dragon-Peter,Paul and Mary
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- keeprockinLv 79 years ago
They make a nice change.
Little Space Girl Jessie lee Turner
I want My Baby Back - Jimmy Cross. Was voted the worst ever record on UK station. The end is Hilarious if you have a macabre sense of humour
They Took You Away,I'm Glad - Josephine ,,answer song
- HarveyBLv 79 years ago
Hey Dave :)
Some other novelty songs that I enjoyed when I was younger..
Curly Shuffle - Jump 'n the Saddle
Beep Beep (The Little Nash Rambler) - The Playmates
Shaddap You Face - Joe Dolce
in the 80's..Pac-Man Fever - Buckner & Garcia
I'll admit at one time I enjoyed listening to Disco Duck - Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots (Rick was one of the reasons I chose to go into radio, I still shake my head).
..and the first I ever heard of "Weird Al" Yankovic - Another One Rides the Bus
- Anonymous9 years ago
i loved those songs when i was young also, those are all great. i'll add a couple more from the olden days.
flying saucer - buchanan and goodman
snoopy vs the red baron - the royal guardsmen
ba: yeah, music should be fun.
- BlackjackLv 69 years ago
They suck.......Source(s): Good taste in music....