Do I need a license to hunt deer?

I want to go deer hunting but I've never done it before.

In NJ by the way, how much does it cost?

Favorite Answer

Yes you need a license, i HATE hunting but my family hunts alot

• Andrew

Yes in nj our hunting seasons over. You must go to 4 hours of firearm safety. A bunch of other classes like 8 hours of something else and then getting a something to hunt with in nj..... Pffff you'll win the lottery first this state is so strict

You can hunt deer anywhere in the USA without a license, but you will land in jail or pay a big fine if caught.

Probably should go get a hunting license if you're planning to hunt a buck/doe

You will need a license.

It also seems like you could use some help getting started. I would find someone that is knowledgeable and ask every question you can think of.

• ?

Whether it be federal/state land, private property, or even your own land still need a license to hunt in any state. $27.50 for Resident hunting license

Legally you have to have a license to own a gun and a separate license to hunt

yes

yes, and a pretty penny

yes.