What kind of headaches/ migranes ?

I have been having horrible migrane headaches for as long as I can remember .

I do drink a good amount of water , and eat all the right things but still find my self exhausted , throwing up, crying , getting dizzy, and everything else. The light hurts , and even the smallest of noises hurts , as well. It feels like someone is going in my head through my ears grabbing my muscles , and squeezing and twisting and squishing them. I always get them in the same place , aswell, on my temples and directly behind my ears, ir feels symmetric. I got a migrane, and right as it was slowly going away I started to shiver , and shake , I wasn't cold , at all, it lasted about 3-4 minutes and then just stopped . Please help , I can't find anything for this !

Ps: ive tried Advil and tylenol ,

Pps: if you know anyways for relief please share.

Favorite Answer

I feel for you because I have had migraines since my teenager years. I am now 24 years old and suffer from severe migraines. I get tingling and tremors before I get a migraine. Sometimes, I see extra objects before a migraine (called an aura). When I take advil for migraines, it takes 2 hours or more for it to work.

I suggest your doctor refer you to a Neurologist (preferably one who specializes in Headaches/ Migraines).

Another question: How often do you take advil or tylenol? There is something called medication overuse headaches that are due to excessive advil or tylenol use. I have had them before.

When you see the neurologist, he will ask you how often you get the migraines, how much advil/tylenol you are taking and if there are any triggers that seem to make you get migraines (for instance I get migraines when the weather changes (barometric pressure). You can also get migraines from chocolate, exercise, sex, foods that contain sulfites, Tyramine containing foods, MSG and Caffeine.)

He/She will prescribe any of the following medications: Calcium Channel Blockers (verapamil), Beta Blockers (propranol, atenenol), Tricylic anti-depressants (Elavil), Topamax (watch for memory side effects) and SSRIs/SNRIs (Zoloft, Effexor XR,etc.).

If you try two or more medication categories that I have mentioned above and still get migraines, you may need to ask you neurologist for Botox injections. Your parents may need to help you find out if it is covered under the insurance. Some insurance companies won't take Botox for migraines.

I found some relief through Botox, verapamil and klonopin. If I need immediate relief, I prefer Imitrex.

Source(s): My experience with migraines.

I feel ya. The only over the counter medicine that works for me is Excedrine which is a combo of aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine. When I went to the doctor for mine they basically said I have to document everything I ate because anything can set it off, or you can just get them due to stress. I did get prescribed Imitrex nasal spray and I would assume if your pain is that awful they would put you on something prescribed as well. At one point I also was put on daily pills to prevent migraines. Luckily, I don't have to take those anymore.

Hope you feel better.

I would seriously consider going to the doctor. If it is just a normal migraine they can prescribe you something stronger than over the counter, but the end sounds a little off. You really should do in just in case there is something else going on. But if you cant/dont want to Excedrin® Migraine works extremely well.

Good luck I hope you feel better :)

Source(s): Experience

You should probably get that checked out. Chronic or re-occurent migrains may be a result of pressure build up in the skull. This pressure could be caused by excess fluid that's leaking into the maters of the cranial cavity. I'm not trying to scare you, but this could be a serious problem that could result in a stroke. Get it checked out, and soon.

Source(s): Aspiring doctor
  • O.o

Go to a doctor! Hopefully they can help. My mom has always had migraines of all types. It sounds like it could be a tension or cluster headache?

id go to your doctor! i have the same exact symptoms, so does my mom, runs in the family! it really sucks, i was perscribed maxalt & it really helps even with the really bad ones! also, since you cant go to a doctor this late besides an emergancy room which wont really help, i take a hot bath & it really helps tone down the headache, if you have a heating pad id put it beind your neck & try to get some sleep! good luck!