Friend who constantly complain. How to deal with it?

I have a friend who complains about literally everything, whether it be in person or through text. She is a roommate and it has gotten to the point where it has become beyond annoying. Sometimes I think she has a good point for saying something, but at other times I do not know why she does not let it go (think, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff). I have told her before that she complains a lot but she will either disagree with me or blame others and say that if they did not mess up than she would not have anything to complain about. I'm someone who will forget about the little things and so when she complains about something (for example, no one reminding the house that we ran out of milk), it drives me insane. What is something I could say to her to tell her to stop complaining?

Favorite Answer

Yes constant complaining is very annoying and sometimes you just have to let the person know that, there is no point in sugar-coating because they will not get the message. My sister did this all the time, and although I live with her, i just could not stand it, I tried to walk away at times and even ignore it but that didn't help. Until I finally started telling her, how much she complained and how annoying it was, every time she complained I told her, well now the complaining has reduced and I can breathe a little better now.

tell her to stop complaining or ur going to have to find a new roomate!

Ok u have to do the same to her.then she will relize how annoying it is.when she does tell her that is exactly what SHE is like