Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Picnik.com CLOSING!! Photographers and photoshoppers! Any good sites?!?

its official, picnik.com-the best photo editing site ever-is closing! :'( what is another site like picnik for editing photos? with layering, cross process, poloroid etc. Also any news about the site! Thanks soo much!

• Miyuki
    Favorite Answer

Picnik will not be closing until April 19th according to the announcement on their homepage. Until then, they've made all of their services free including the premium features. From the sound of it, the editing tools available now are simply going to be integrated into the Google+ service on or before the date Picnik officially closes.

I've seen piZap.com recommended several times by users who enjoy the editing tools available on Picnik. I'm not sure how similar it is to Picnik, as I prefer using Adobe's Photoshop CS5 for any editing I do. I believe Photobucket.com also offers editing tools. Two others I found with a quick Google search are FotoFlexer.com and Phixr.com.

If you are able to download and install software on your computer, I second the recommendation for GIMP. It will give you a lot more control than Picnik or other websites will, and there are plenty of free tutorials available on sites like YouTube to help you learn how to use it.

For severe close-up pictures a genuine macro lens is mentioned. IMO zoom lenses could be categorised "close-focusing" and not "macro" because of the fact there's a significant distinction. a genuine macro lens provides you with a minimum a million:2 (a million/2 existence length) image and maximum provides you with a a million:a million (existence length) image. maximum zooms with close-focusing skill will basically supply a a million:4 (a million/4 existence length) image. a genuine macro lens is in particular designed for optimal image high quality at very close distances. It additionally has a flat field of concentration that's necessary for photographing records or stamps, etc. a genuine macro lens is designed to grant the optimal center to part sharpness and the minimum center to part easy fall-off. So if close-up (macro) pictures is a few thing you desire to pursue then upload a genuine macro lens on your kit.

Download GIMP. It's an open source equivalent to Photoshop - free and safe. It will probably take a bit more technical skill than picnik but you'll figure it out.