Wo has sold more albums: Tom Petty or Eminem?

I got into an argument at school about who has sold more albums, cds, records, etc, because I strongly dislike Eminem! So I was wondering, does Tom Petty have him beat?

Thanks!!

To the person who has never heard of Tom Petty, That is pathetic!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Tom Petty has sold over 60 million records worldwide, Eminem has sold over 41 million records worldwide. Tom Petty is a better musical artist (I dislike Eminem as well).

Edit: I just checked Tom Petty's discography and album sales, and his album sales alone were 89.7 million to be exact. That's not including any videos or anything else, just albums.

Tom Petty Discography

hmmm, idk but who cares! if by some chance eminem has sold more records that tom, its only because there are way more stupid pissed off little prick teenagers in the world to buy them then there are people with good taste. Tom has him beat in every conceivable way, if not in record sales. Eminem is an angry miserable little douche who screams and yells, Tom petty is cool beyond belief and kicks some major a** and has seniority over eminem in more than one way AND wayyyy more talent. I have a hard time even mentioning them in the same sentence

Not a rap fan and only a casual Tom Petty fan, but I'd be shocked if Eminem hasn't sold more. He's been hugely popular for almost 15 years. While Tom Petty has been making albums for 35 years he's never been really mainstream. Still don't know why the NFL chose him to play the Super Bowl a few years ago, though I thought he was very good.

Its sad that people don't know who Tom Petty is though. If you are a rock fan at all you should know who he is.

• Eminem, never heard of Tom Petty

i'm basically the HUGEST Tom Petty fan :P <--------- Songs: loose Fallin' You wreck Me Breakdown Heartbreaker's sea coast occasion Mary Jane DCAHNM ....etc. Albums: D*** The Torpedoes comprehensive Moon Fever Wildflowers Edit: Runnin' Down A Dream became right into a cool documentary. I incredibly have the e book besides :)

Eminem has certified sales of 65.1 million units (including albums, singles, and videos) with claimed sales of 86 million units.

Tom Petty and the Heatbreakers has certified sales of 30.9 million units with claimed sales of 50 million units. Not sure about his sales a solo artist, or in his many collaborations, including The Travelling Wiburys.

Eminem

• Well since I have never heard of this Tom Petty dude I'm gonna say Eminem (:

Eminem is good I can understand not liking him but it is annoying when people like to just continually ***** about the same thing over and over again.