Making a superhero character...costume questions?

I am making a superhero...I don't necessarily want the spandex with armour look...not ruled out but exploring possibilities...anyway, what can I do to make him appear as a symbol of hope to citizens and justice to criminals how do I do that without dressing in a morph-suit :P Also any ideas for the suit would be nice the character is bird-themed and red/black colour scheme...

• C
    Favorite Answer

He wouldn't necessarily have to have an actual costume in the tradition sense, he could wear a shirt and jeans and could still be seen as a hero. But those colors aren't exactly something the rings hope.

If you do want an actual superhero look try a helmet with that gives him more of a bird look (match it with the type of wings you use). For the body suit, make be some kind of new armor that is as light as just a plain costume, with marking similar to whatever bird you base his powers upon on him. And of course you will probably want built in claws/talons on the hands. Just keep sketching it out until you get something you're happy with, you'll eventually find something you're satisfied with.

It also depends on your hero himself. For instance, Superboy wears jeans and a t-shirt. Do you want a cape? Gloves? long sleeves or short? A mask? You could have the logo on him chest. I don't really know what else to suggest.