throttle position sensor.............?

I need to replace my throttle position sensor, but i don't know how to, so im going to take it to a shop. about how much should it cost?? i don't want to get ripped off....

I have a 2001 Hyundai

Best Answer

The TPS sensor on an accent is easy to replace and a very common problem on that kind of car. I have done several of them at my shop and never had a problem. You just unplug the sensor and remove the two bolts holding it on. Just slowly work it out of the throttle body and take your time and it should go ok.

Source(s): I am a registered licensed mechanic with an interprovincial certification.

easy fix if thats the problem most shops charge 80 to 100 bucks an hour crank and no start issues its best to get the fault codes b4 changing parts and guessing oriellys has a code reader napa may have one but throttle position sensors typicly have 3 bolts . make sure u get masking tape and put around the throttle cables just to mark the positions they came from on the old sensor

It is an easy fix if you have tools. The only special too you may need is a Torx bit.

A simple tool kit and Torx bit (in the appropriate size) is all you should need.

Google is your friend here. Do some research and save your self some $$$$

If you gave more information on what type of hyundai and engine, i may be better at helping you.

• don r

2001 Hyundai... buy yourself a Chilton's or Haynes repair manual. You will use it many times. The shop can do the job easily for $100 per hour plus parts.

It will probably be quite expensive. The sensor itself is probably well over 70 dollars and depending on where it is on the motor it could take a few hours.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Art

Mos shops don't rip people off It is hasn't been to a shop how do you know the tps is faulty?

you can chage it yourself, its only a few screws, go to the parts store and buy one, then open your hood and you will see it somewhere close to the throttle cables usually, it will be on top and easily accessable

you can check the website below to see if it has a repair manual for your car