Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

A lot of clever people here today (some not so much) Have you seen the Future...and are you part of it?

Good Jobs with good Pay and Benefits? A decent retirment in a nice safe neighbourhood? A better life for your kids and healthcare when you want it and need it?

Or have you seen the future and you are not part of it.............? Crappy jobs, close to poverty while billionaires become zillionaires, your kids have it worse....poor education if you are not already rich, society defined by how you are born.....

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Working towards that magic "million" we're supposed to have by retirement.

I wonder how far that will go if I have to live in a community gated off from the riff-raff.

I have seen the future. It is a dystopian society as humanity struggles to survive the worst global cataclysm in recorded history.

Our solar system is about to pass through the Milky Way's plane of rotation, an event that I believe the Mayans were aware of and used as the basis for ending their calendar. Since the Milky Way is spinning, it generates a magnetic field that will act upon the Earth's magnetic field. I believe our poles will flip as a result of us passing through that plane of rotation, heralding a period of unprecedented geological activity. Governments collapse as they are unable to maintain order amongst all the natural chaos. Billions of people likely die from the disasters and resulting civil violence and eventually from starvation and untreated disease. The survivors will essentially have to rebuild human civilization from scratch.

I've seen YOUR future.

It is one of a grumpy old liberal pr!ck who is angry and bitter that Americans in 2012 rejected a socialist b@stard as president who wanted to punish success and reward sloth. A grumpy old liberal pr!ck who shuffles in his walker constantly muttering to himself about how grand it would have been if successful people had been burned at the stake and their hard earned money had been distributed to lazy @ssholes who sat around smoking dope, doing drugs and drinking booze all day instead of getting jobs and taking care of themselves for once in their worthless lives.

Clouded the future is. Or it could just be that I live near Detroit. Does any of Detroit's crime commute across the bridge into Windsor or does it just commute to the suburbs in Michigan?

Surging debt, taxes raising... The only candidate serious about cutting spending being dismissed as an extremist...

Things don't look too good.

• ?

We need to adopt the Canadian system and close the gaps between the very rich and the poor. One way to do it is to regulate more and focus on the local economy. No more wars.

I think Leonard Cohen said it best about The Future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dtmn4fRNkw

Good for you that Canada is going the opposite direction of the US.

But your class warfare shtick is really, really old.

• Ive seen the future. And im always part of it.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.