? asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Tampon just won't go in?

I've tried several times to put a tampon in and I've gone through a box f light tampons, but it won't go in! Sometimes it gets halfway in but it feels like something is blocking the way. Is there anything wrong, or will I eventually get it?

Favorite Answer

it might be your hymen that hasn't broken yet - its a thin layer of skin every woman has one. sometimes its broken the first time you have sex or sometimes if you do sport it breaks then or by tampons. It may also be your putting it in the wrong angle try gently and slowly guiding it a bit to the left, to the right ect. Or it could be your getting frustrated and stressed and are unintentionally tensing up take your time and try to relax - i know it can be hard. I would also suggest the tampons with a plastic applicator as i think there much easier to use especially as a first timer. If it won't go in easily and you feel too dry put a bit of Vaseline on the applicator and it should go in a bit easier.

hope this helped good luck and remember to take your time, its not a race it takes practice - and wear a pantyliner with them so if you leak it won't matter :)

Source(s): personal experience

It might be because you are too dry or too tense to get it up. I know it sounds silly but try and lube the area up and try again to get it in.

u just need to know how to insert it correctly anyway follow this video and hope it will help u :)

if your a virgin maybes its your hymin getting in the way? who knows. try asking your mother about it. i think she could help you better than anyone else

Use a pad.