Any Healthy Lunch Ideas?
I've been eating a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a fruit salad, fruit bar and almonds and some type of veggie and I'm looking for a bit more flavourful food then PB sandwich.. any suggestions? Thanks :D
- Anonymous9 years agoFavorite Answer
Here are some healthy lunch ideas :)
If you can, try going for natural organic foods when possible
~ Salad: mixed baby greens, baby romaine, romaine lettuce, baby spinach, steamed kale, etc. with things like cherry tomatoes/tomato, cucumber, goat cheese or goat feta crumbles, nuts (such as walnuts, almond slices, pecans), seeds, shredded raw beets, grated carrot, bell pepper, dried cranberries, veggies, healthy salad dressing or olive oil/vinegar, etc.
* For more protein:
- Chickpeas or any beans, lentils
- Tofu or tempeh
- Sliced hard boiled eggs
(On whole grain bread like multigrain, ezekiel, ezekiel wrap, rye, whole wheat pita, whole grain tortilla, spelt, etc.)
* Hummus & veggie - hummus, baby spinach, bell pepper, shredded carrot, chopped tomato, cucumber...you could also add some avocado
* Grilled tempeh - tempeh, hummus, baby spinach, tomato
* Tofu - crispy tofu, hummus, baby spinach, tomato
* Veggie burger - Amy's texas style veggie burger for example, hummus, tomato, baby spinach
* Black bean wrap - with some salsa & grated cheese if you'd like; or a quesadilla
* Cheese & tomato - slice of cheese, organic light cream cheese, tomato, baby spinach
* Mozzarella, pesto, spinach & tomato melt
* Egg salad (made with veganaise, organic hard boiled eggs, baby spinach)
* Nut butter & jam - for example made with almond butter or organic peanut butter; or just plain nut butter
* Peanut butter or almond butter & banana
* Boiled eggs with avocado on rye bread
* Grilled veggies with hummus or pesto, goat cheese
~ Steamed vegetables or vegetables stir fried a little in olive oil with beans, tofu or tempeh with brown wild rice, quinoa or buckwheat noodles
~ Lentil vegetable soup in a thermos or sweet potato soup
~ Whole grain or brown rice pasta with basil pesto, olive oil or tomato sauce with veggies, goat cheese, tofu cubes, beans, etc
- Or a pasta salad with things like goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, veggies, beans, etc.
~ Quinoa with roasted sweet potato and vegetables made into a salad
~ Pizza made on whole wheat pita or thin multigrain crust with tomato sauce or basil pesto, veggies, goat cheese or goat feta crumbles, some shredded organic cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes
- With salad and/or veggies
~ Veggies with hummus - veggies such as raw carrot sticks, cucumber slices or sticks, cherry tomatoes sliced, lightly steamed broccoli, slices of bell pepper, celery sticks, steamed kale etc.
~ Fruit salad
~ Greek yogurt, yogurt or goat's milk yogurt
~ Berries with greek yogurt
~ Hard boiled eggs
~ Cottage cheese with fruit - such as pineapple, peach slices, berries, etc.
~ 2 dates or figs, 1/4 cup raw almonds
~ Berries & raw nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, pecans)
~ Apple slices with nut butter
~ Whole grain crackers with hummus
~ Rye crispbreads with toppings like: hummus, tomato, organic cheese, nut butter, avocado etc.
~ Nuts, seeds, chia seeds or trail mix
~ All natural popcorn, sweet potato chips, etc.
~ Healthy cereal (Nature's Path Organic, Barbara's, Kashi)
~ Puffed organic kamut or spelt
~ Plain greek yogurt or goat's milk yogurt with fruit
~ Kashi granola bar, Kind fruit & nut bar, Lara bar, Nature's Path Organic snack bar
~ Buckwheat waffle or pancake
~ Toasted whole grain flax waffle
~ Baked apple slices with cinnamon
I hope this helps :)
- 9 years ago
try fresh cut up produce w' lo-fat yogurt and some water packed tuna or salmon.Source(s): a registered dietician