I've asked my roommate to stop talking to me. Appropriate?

I am moving out in 3 weeks. My one roommate has been beyond rude to me by calling me out everytime I make a mistake (using public forums such as my Facebook wall), calling me certain things like saying that I think I'm better than everyone else (which is absolutely not true) and generally making my life a living hell. I hate coming home and I spend extra time at work and school just so I can avoid coming home. So yesterday I had beyond enough and I asked her to stop talking to me. I said I'd say hi and say greetings just to be nice, but I don't want to have any conversation with her outside of that. Do you think it's appropriate? I am living in this house for about 3 more weeks, and after I'm gone I don't care if I ever talk to her again.

that sounds good. if you were going to stay in the house longer than 3 weeks i would suggest finding a more livable arrangement but anyone can deal with 3 weeks of ignoring one another. i would suggest you be a little friendly, be the bigger person and like you said say hi, how are you..the usual greetings but nothing more than that. this will make those last 3 weeks not so bad.

You don't have to tell her that, just stop talking to her and she'll know it. As we aren't psychologists ourselves, sometimes we simply can't confront such people to ask them to stop doing something. Don't need to ridicule her back or what; you're right when you said you would still be nice to her. So, no big deal. Move on with life as if she's not there.

if she says u think u better than every1 dats da way she see u which she could be wrong by sayin dat+just bc some1 calls u out dnt mean they dnt care maybe dey c something u cant c or refuse to c, she cant be all dat rude she did give u a roof ova ur head! Ppl dnt always get along in living situations dnt take it personal. At any rate she probably is just tryna help but dnt c it dat way idk but if u dislike her so much ur willing to never speak after u leave her house, would dat make u a user?

• ANNON

She is not only rude, but selfish.

I think she wants you out for a reason but wont tell you possibly. I had to do this to one of my roomates cause she turned the place into a circus with her other frineds and i wouldnt allow it. Sorry.

Do you really need advice for this? You JUST SAID you don't care if you ever talk to her again. Why do you need random Yahoo users to tell you whether or not your actions are appropriate?

• Shae

Yeah that's completely appropriate, just because you live there at the moment doesn't mean to need to be civil to her if she's being that rude to you.

If you would have to live there ans still not talk, that would be hard. But since you are moving it is totally fine.

After all those stuff, I'de say it will be inappropriate to still talk to her! =.="

I wouldn't talk to her at all. Don't waste your breath.

if she really is that rude then yes its appropriate.