Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 8 years ago

I Know of a person who's been drinking rubbing alcohol compound for years but is still living. How's this happ?

Best Answer

By the grace of God. I live in the US and I had an uncle in Kentucky who talked about during prohibition he and his friends would strain rubbing alcohol through 2 pieces of bread and drink it. They called it Rub-a-dub. He said it was real hard on the liver (his words).

Rubbing alcohol is not potable. While you won't die immediately, you can do severe harm to your organs by drinking it. I saw on a TV show called, "My Strange Addiction" where this lady drank gasoline every day. She'd go to the gas station with a mason jar and fill it up then proceed to sip from it throughout the day. I would imagine your person's addiction is similar to hers.

• Rick

After a while this person will start having issues with the liver and kidneys. basically all of the lower organs are going to start shutting down slowly. I can't think of a more horrible way to die.

Must be a cheaply made formula? The way question is worded, it reads like you were poisoning this person and cant fathom why they are still alive. X.x

Physical quality good

The body is that amazing

but it won't last long :S