Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

With the DOW at a TEN year high and the fastest DOW recovery in history and 19 months of private sector growth?

10 quarters of GDP growth, reduced government hiring (smaller Gov't) lowest new jobless claims since 2006, tax increase on hold and the end to one war...........Why aren't Republicans voting FOR this guy?.....He is doing EVERYTHING RIGHT.................

Man, I need a Timmies and a short stack.................

Update:

@Chuck....Boxers Dude..I need the extra room......lots of room......you wouldn't understand......

Update 2:

@Obamaman.....housing affordability is at RECORD levels!.......Ummm 900,000 people a month losing their jobs were the Bush legacy......that's not happened for three years .....read a paper sometime...

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

These other answers are funny.

...And they call Obama an excuse maker!

• TK
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You would have to look at both sides of the ledger, i.e., the amount of deficit spending and quantitative easing and the number of private sector jobs created and the relative increase or decrease in the purchasing power of the US dollar, among other things, before reaching the conclusion that the President's policies maximized economic growth with a minimum of unintended consequences over the last three years. Private sector economic activity is increasing, however, which is good news if it can be sustained without the ultimately unsustainable levels of deficit financing incurred during the last three years.

The point I would like to emphasize is that credit may be inexpensive, as in the case of 30 year fixed rate mortgages at 4.1%, but credit is not plentiful and there is absolutely no evidence of a housing bubble field by cheap money and easy credit. Credit is not being extended easily, which is keeping housing prices depressed and millions of Americans underwater and unable to pursue better job opportunities elsewhere unless they are willing to inflict great damage on their own creditworthiness. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant of the facts on the ground.

Given the performance to date of the Republican presidential contenders, President Obama doesn't need to ponder how to capture Republican votes. He's well on his way to an easy re-election in November despite having no energy policy or, rather, an energy policy that is hostile to the domestic production of oil and natural gas which is critical if you believe that America needs to achieve energy independence to for critically important economic and national security reasons.

Have a great private sector free market Friday!

• Seems to have started after Republicans took back Congress. Remember how they promised jobs? Exactly. Get out of the way and let the Private sector work. Democrats created many government jobs and nothing happened. Now we see movement? Of course you'll never admit that the other side has good ideas. Full bore government is the solution since it worked so well in the USSR and Europe which is on the verge of collapse.

Partisan crap, per the usual. When will you ever examine how Politicians re in it for themselves? They promise you the world by confiscating and skimming. The wealthiest neighborhoods in the country are in DC. Explain that? Free money!!!

• 9 years ago

Since you can't get enough interest on bank accounts to keep up with inflation, Europe is in the crapper, real estate is currently a big looser, and gold prices are way too high, where else would you keep your money?

The risky stock market remains the best storage place for your assets at this point in time. Therefore the market is inflated.

That will change once the economy get off on the right foot after the Obama Administration is sent packing and productivity is no longer being punished.

Right now the hiring of engineers and scientists in the USA is at a decades low. Those jobs are being exported to China along with production.

Warren Buffet, for one, is sending all his production investments to China and elsewhere and is laying off engineers in the USA, and is investing in production facilities in China, including investing in Chinese engineers.

Buffet and other Obama friends are working hard to make Sure you have no future while he becomes more wealthy and powerful.

I know that is true because I sit in on some of his corporate meetings. He has threatened anyone who leaks this information.

I doubt he will trace this - I hope.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Sorry, I'm not in the market to purchase the tulips... Record levels usually means huge crash right around the corner, irregardless of political administration. Anyway, I think this is a case of taxpayers money for the next 20 years propping up the high and no, its not the highest the DOW has ever been. Its a bubble. EU had a bit of a high going last year, now look at where their going.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The only problem with your statement is that it is completely wrong. The DOW was over 14000 under Bush and the country experienced 21 straight quarters of economic growth under Bush.

Everything turned around when the democrats took control of congress in 2007 and the economy tanked.

• 9 years ago

Yeah yeah yeah. But isn't he still black?

No amount of success can change that. Even if he is a good leader and no one wants to admit that from the other side.

Well, check this out: At last week's Conservative Political Action Conference, GOP ringleader Grover Norquist talked about who he wants in the White House:

"All we have to do is replace Obama. ... We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Paul Ryan budget. ... We just need a president to sign this stuff."

They're not looking for a leader -- they're looking for someone to rubber stamp the Tea Party agenda coming out of Congress.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Penny stocks are loosely categorized companies with share prices of below $5 and with market caps of under $200 million. They are sometimes referred to as "the slot machines of the equity market" because of the money involved. There may be a good place for penny stocks in the portfolio of an experienced, advanced investor, however, if you follow this guide you will learn the most efficient strategies https://tr.im/c8109

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Affiliate marketing is the best way of making money online. Website which ask for a initial payment before geeting the job, most of them are fake! You can learn how to make money online with affiliation marketing for free here http://moneyonline.toptips.org

You will find a lot of interesting informations.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Seriously? Do you understand how they count jobless claims? They are people applying for aid who qualify. People that have been on it for too long can't produce a new claim, so as the numbers of claims drop it is due to people having been in the system for too long.

And GDP is actually dropping if you take into consideration the 3% inflation the US dollar is experiencing.

• 9 years ago

That's nice for the rich. Come down (or up depending where in Canada you are) to Detroit and see how life is for people on Main Street rather than Wall Street.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.