What kind of song can I play for a coffeehouse-type event at a church?

I play guitar (not very well) and my friend is going to sing at a coffeehouse-like event at her church. I can play Blackbird by the Beatles, but other than that, I'm not sure what we can sing/play. They don't have to be religious songs, but it is being hosted at a church, so it can't really be anything with explicit content or swear words. She is a soprano 2, if that helps; I'm an alto but probably won't really be singing. I'd prefer to stay away from Taylor Swift if possible. Are there any sort of simple songs I can play guitar too while she sings? Thank you so much.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Acoustic folk or folk-rock songs woul be perfect.

Think Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, John Denver, Peter, Paul and Mary, James Taylor -- or other artists in a similar vein.

Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson is something non-religious if that is what you want but if you want something religious look into Casting Crowns or Phil Wickham Heaven Song is great too!

"Pursuit Of Happiness" by Nuno Bettencourt

You sure can play it on guitar in a church.. its a happy-happy song..