Could I be tramatized because of this?

In university I developed social anxiety disorder, and it became so extreme that when I was in a public situation, i would be unable to speak. I was close with my residence floor and on several occasions we would head out to a club or a house party. I would get into these positions where a guy would start dancing with me and touching me very innappropriately, for example reaching down my pants, up my shirt or threw my clothing. Because of the anxiety it made it next to impossible to tell guys 'no' or walk away from them and so I would let them carry on although in my head I was screaming for them to stop. After about 6 months of this I told my friends that I gave up on clubs and house parties. I eventually went to see a psychologist about my anxiety. After two years, although the anxiety has disappeared, whenever I'm approached by a guy and they're within 2 feet of me, I have this habit of covering my chest with my hand and on several occasions I've began to have a panic attack immediately afterwards. One guy at work noticed this and bluntly asked if I've ever been molested or raped (his girlfriend was so he knows the signs, and it was very similar). I said no but after being asked again by a friend, this experience that happened three years ago poppwd into my head. I know legally this could not pass as molestation or sexual assault because I did not say no (nor do I have a desire to pursued it with the men), but on an emotional level could I develop similar symptoms to individuals who have been raped/sexually assaulted, based on this scenario?

Favorite Answer

Yes. And I speak from experience. But if you were seeing a psychologist it should have been addressed. If you really are interested, I would suggest finding a psychologist whom has experience with EMDR therapy and related therapies. It has been VERY effective for me. I am sorry you are having these experiences. I know just how much of an impact it can have on a person's life. Just remember though, sometimes it can take a while to work through that type of trauma. And on a personal note, I don't know how you view "sex" or anything of the nature, but that can also be a factor on how long it could take for you to "recover". I really wish you the best and I hope this helps. Take care hun.

Yes you could you may try counseling I hope you feel better. Here are 10 steps to healing from trauma if you are interested (=