What are good schools to become a Dietitian/Nutrition Specialist?

I'm looking for a University or College that are known for these programs, or have really good ones. Preferably in the United States or Canada, but really anywhere works. Thank-you in advance.

Favorite Answer

If you want to become a Registered Dietitian (RD), you need to choose schools that have programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).

The first Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) link I've included in the sources section gives some information on the pathways to becoming an RD. They provide a list of all the programs by state/US territory.

The other link I've provided is also from the AND but this one explains some things to think about in terms of choosing schools. The AND and ACEND do not rank programs, but if you call some of them or talk with dietitians, there may be some ideas of which programs are better than others. They can focus on different aspects of nutrition, so that may be something you want to consider too.

Also, while the nutrition programs are not ranked, the universities are, especially at the graduate level. For example, I am currently attending graduate school at the University of Washington-Seattle, for Public Health Nutrition. Although the nutrition program isn't ranked by the ACEND, the UW's School of Public Health is ranked very highly.

Overall, take a look at the links provided, consider the reputation of the university or college that offers the program, as well as any other priorities that you might have for choosing a school.