Have you ever seen something cryptic in the woods(Sasquatch, etc...)?

I know a lot of hunters around here who swear on their life that they have seen black panthers in the woods. Considering I live on a small island in Canada, this is hard to believe, but there have been numerous collaborating reports from people who were completely sober. I believe it is a melanistic cougar most likely, but lots of people have seen some strange things when they're out in the woods. Some of them have claimed to see a big horn sheep, always in the same general location, and some have seen what looked like a gorilla walking on it's hind legs. I'm not sure I believe all of it, the cougar sightings are numerous around here though so I think that's a big possibility, but it's a big world out there and I don't like to be close minded.

So what about you guys? Ever see anything spooky when you're out in the woods?

• dumdum
    Best Answer

All my life I have told others that said they saw a black panther that it was no such animal and the shadows and the light was just playing a trick on them. That in reality it was a regular brown colored cat they saw.

I really believed this until 2 years ago, in bright sunshine, I had a black panther ( cougar) walk within 18 steps of me in the sunshine.And even though our wild life department says they do not exist (Louisiana), I saw what I saw.

But even stranger and even less believable is the UFO that I saw 4 years ago, that passed over my head just a few hundred yards above me, that did not generate a sound and was so huge it blotted out the sky above me. It was moving very slowly and In was able to observe it for almost 10 minutes.

The next day in a neighboring state (Texas) there were reports of a gigantic UFO that others had seen that they estimated it's size to be over a mile and and half wide.I can only wish I knew the story behind it, what it was, where did it come from, where was it going?

My sister's best friend lives on a 200+ acre plot, and lets me hike it armed regularly. I always carry my AR15 on my back and my 12 gauge in hand. Those are some creepy woods, man.

There is an unmarked grave way high up in the "mountain" that is behind their house. About 200 yards past that is an enormous pond/swamp that marks the end of their land and the beginning of some old dude's land. I swear to God I have seen figures moving around in the corner of my eye and off in the distance. I am not an eagle eye, but I am not a moron too and I know it was something other than trees blowing in the wind or common animals. It is extremely eire yet the thrill is great.

As for the unmarked grave, my sister's friend's father says that has been there since his father bought the land in the 40's. I couldn't get his permission to dig it up so it remains untouched, but I would love to dig it up. It is an old, old grave stone that has seen many decades of weather, yet it still stands almost completely upright.

Oh, and law enforcement does not have any missing persons reports on file that date back that far. So to anybody who thinks that may be a murdered person, well, it is not on file, so it doesn't matter to us!

Dear Colleen: I have two stories. I spend a lot of time in the deep woods in both Northern Ontario and Northern Quebec while either hunting, fishing or wilderness camping. I've been doing these things for 53 years now. I have only seen a wolverine once. I was driving up hunting at about 4:00 a.m. near Huntsville, Ontario (just north of Minden), about 15 years ago, when a wolverine crossed the road in front of my car. It ran from left to right and I could only see it when the headlights lighted it up. It was my favorite animal to read about and it is the only time I've ever seen one. I lived in Quebec City for 21 years, during that time, I used to go fishing/hunting with my three uncles (my mom's brothers). My eldest uncle owned a log cabin in the woods (about 50 miles northwest of Quebec City) in those days, it was so remote that my cousin shot a huge male moose from the front deck of that cabin. I was not with my uncle when the following occurred. One fall, my youngest uncle, Buddy, was walking alone along a bush road deer hunting (within walking distance of the cabin) and he saw an Eastern Cougar briefly sitting on the road about 40 yards away and then it bolted into the bush. This is an extremely rare animal in Eastern Canada. It all happened so fast and he couldn't really think about possibly shouldering his rifle, My late uncle was sober and a very credible man. I believe every word of his story. Incidentally, today, the cabin's roof is now caved in and after my 3 uncles have passed away and none of their 7 surviving sons are interested in that kind of outdoor setting, no one ever (legally) occupied the dilapidated log cabin for the past 20 years. My two very busy cousins (who have had the legal right to sell the property) have never tried to do so.

Source(s): Memories of what we used to call "the camp".
  • MJ

See anything? No.

But a few years ago I heard the cries of a cougar. It's an unmistakeable sound. In Minnesota cougar are quite rare. A few people in the area sighted the cougar, so evidently my ears weren't playing tricks on me.

Last week I was driving through South Texas and I saw what appeared to be some wild dogs out in a field. When I got to my destination I checked the web and found out the local sheriff was investigating a sighting of several Chupacabra Disguisis. That's the biological name for the "Disguising Chupacabra", which is the most cunning Chupacabra of all. This time they were passing themselves off as wild dogs-had me fooled.

Only a few weeks before, they were disguised as cattle and they were everywhere!

• Jake

It is easy to let your mind play tricks on you when you're in the woods.

I could have sworn I was being stalked by something at one point when walking through the swamp in the dark; the truth is it was probably just my imagination.

I have also caught glimpses of things I thought were something at one point, but after a second look they are just oddly shaped trees and rocks.

We were on a canoe trip through the big thicket national preserve in east Texas and something or someone was throwing rocks at our camp one night. We could hear something moving around all night but never saw anything. The big thicket is a god aweful swamp and we never saw another person the entire time we were out there.

"I don't like to be close minded."

Funny.

In my state there were some idiots walking around in a bigfoot costume to try to get people to believe. Then they put the costume in a freezer and made it into a block of ice. They showed it to news reporters and everything. Took them 5 days to realize it was a fake. I never saw them walking around in it, but that's a great way to get shot by someone.

I've personally never seen or heard anything out of the ordinary, but my imagination sometimes tries to get me to, even though I can plainly see something's fake. Like imagining a stick is a snake.

Source(s): See, isn't it nice when we all get along?
  • C T M

I have a trailcam picture of a cougar taken in the swamp behind my house in NC. Supposedly cougars are extinct here.

Me and Eric Heisman was down in Mexico two weeks ago. We seen 40 UFO's flying in formation. They have got bases all over the world now, you know. They've been coming here ever since 1946 when the scientists first started bouncing radar beams off of the moon. And they have been living and working among us in vast quantities ever since. The government knows all about 'em. They are people just like us, from within our own solar system. Except that their society is more highly evolved. I mean, they don't have no wars, they got no monetary system, they don't have any leaders because I mean each man is a leader. I mean each man ... because of their technology they are able to feed, clothe, house and transport themselves equally and with no effort. Why don't they reveal themselves to us is because if they did it would cause a general panic. Now, I mean, we still have leaders upon whom we rely for the release this information. These leaders have decided to repress this information because of the tremendous shock that it would cause to our antiquated systems. Now, the result of this has been that the Venusians have contacted people at all walks of life, all walks of life.

You know it would be a devastating blow to our antiquated systems. So now Venusians are meeting with people in all walks of life in an advisory capacity. For once, man will have a god-like control over his own destiny. He will have a chance to transcend and to evolve with some equality for all.