What would happen if you ingested arsenic?

I'm doing a science project on arsenic and was just wondering what would happen if you ate it. I know you would die, but how? Please answer responsibly, thank you.

Favorite Answer

how? wow...where do I begin? Your kidneys would shut down and then that will lead to other organs shutting down. You would definately die. And it would be a painful death. And this is a science project? what kind of teacher would do a project like this? I think you have to be psychotic to do a study like this...who cares how you die. Why would you try it? Why do you care to know? I am just sitting here shaking my head.

I believe that arsenic poisoning mimics illness. Arsenic is the woman's classic choice for homicide because it can easily be administered and mimics a more natural cause of death. You should google known cases of arsenic poisoning or deaths via arsenic. I know that there's an infamous female killer who used arsenic to murder many people.

Depends how much, it's in apple seeds and babies apple juice