How to do a facial treatment?

For my cos class i'm supposed to be performing 3 types of facials, and I have no clue on how to do them, step by step meaning. The book hasn't actually given those details, so 'm pretty lost on what to do. Could I get any help? I'm supposed to be be doing a mask, exfoliating, and peel off. Can I get any help on what i'm supposed to be doing step by step? I know what to do, just not the steps for each one. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Ok, this doesn't make any sense..... First of all why havn't you learned how to do a facial in class if they're asking you to do them? Second of all all basic facials include cleansing, toning, exfoliating, steaming, extracting, toning, mask, toning again and moisturizing again. I'm not too sure what you mean by "Peel Off". I'm taking a professional esthetics course and Don't really know what you mean by most of your question.

Either way here's the steps for a basic facial:

If the client is wearing makeup start by removing their eye makeup and doing a pre-cleanse.

Proceed with cleansing based on the clients skin type.

To remove the cleanser first wipe off the cleanser with gauze and a hot towel.

Tone the clients face.

Analyze the clients skin.

Proceed with exfoliating the clients skin using an exfoliant based on the clients skin type.

Remove the cleanser with gauze and a hot towel.

Steam your clients skin for 7-10 mins.

Proceed with extractions.

Tone your clients skin.

Proceed with massage.

Remove remaning massage oil with a hot towel.

Move on to applying the masque and leave on for 10 mins.

Remove the masque by first using a hot towel then wiping away the remaining masque with gauze.

Apply a toner and moisturize.

Source(s): Professional Esthetic Student.