Why is there so much revisionist history- or history which is never written about?

We do Not read about become aware of certain history except at the college level.

And yet we expect thoe being educated to accept whatever we are taught before then.

We never read about the French Armenian Foreign Legion that attacked Turkish civilians as well as armed and spurred on Armenian Turks into attacking their fellow Turks. There is never mention of the year long siege and bombardment of the south eastern Anatolian city of Antep (today's Gaziantep) which was a genocide in itself. There is no mention of the genocide of Turks by the occupying French in Maras (Kahramanmaras) or Urfa (Sanliurfa) either.

It appears that he who has the money has the might and the power to rewrite history in their own favor.

The question is why has so much history been hidden or re-written.

Do the same people who question why people question the Holocaust also wonder why - comparatively - so much history was hidden from us?

(I am not canadian. I am just over 22 and I was born and raised in the United States.)

Best Answer

I'm not sure why I should be very concerned with something that happened years ago that had no or very little effect on the US, The significance of the battles you mention are minimal, I mean why not ask about the hundreds of tribal battles in Africa a hundred years ago, they are meaningless to almost everyone except those directly affected by them.

And you are right the winners are typically the ones that write the history books.

Victors write the histories. The higher-level histories are getting better at providing comprehensive coverage of events and periods, but at the primary and secondary level this is often ignored. One of the coolest books I ever read was "Lies my Teacher Told Me", I suggest you pick up a copy.

Also - colonialism and imperialism is covered pretty extensively in most HS AP classes. Genocide is covered pretty thoroughly in most secondary schools, although there isn't much focus on the Armenian Genocide, Pol Pot, or Rwanda.

Source(s): BA History
  • y

Those in power want to keep it. By controlling what the masses learn,see,hear. It is easier to stay in power. For the last 50 years the liberal academic elitist have controlled the majority of what students on the cost have learned while middle and southern states had more conservatives in place.

Source(s): t

Only an educated and moral people have the knowledge and courage to defend truth and freedom.

There are criminals all over the world who are determined to eliminate education and replace it with indoctrination in every country. The United States educational system is already in this condition.

Ignorant and amoral people are easily duped. They then become easy prey for those whose motivation is total and complete power.

Because they treat us as mushrooms. Keep us in the dark and feed us sheit.

I can't waste time here anymore today, I have much work to catch up on.

I just spent another two weeks in the hospital.

Good thing I could afford health insurance.

• Calvin

Most of the time the telling of history has to do with agendas (manipulation).

If it goes against those agendas it is either ignored or attacked.

You mean Columbus did not discover America? LOL

Next thing you will tell me is that Noah did not take two mosquitos and two cockroaches on the Ark.

Because everything you wrote has nothing to do with the United States

If the myth can't become legend, and you will never be able to print the legend as fact, then what's the point of keeping track?