Is the creation of soda drinks a great achievement?

Steve Jobs convinced the vice president at Pepsi to work for Apple by asking him "Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life or change the world?"

In this context, is making and distributing soda drinks a shallow and superficial contribution to the world?

Favorite Answer

What does matter in a universe so utterly meaningless? Even powerful companies like apple will have no meaning in say a million years.The greatest human achievements crushed by the hands of time.

Everyone will have been forgotten and no one will have mattered at all. Even the greats like Leonardo da Vinci and Bruce Lee will be totally meaningless if there are no humans left to remember them.

Soda drinks are of no benefit. When I was a kid, I thought it was medicine, because that's the only time I ever got any. If I worked at a soda company and was offered a job at Apple I'd be out of there so fast it would make your head spin. Can you imagine working for Steve Jobs? Wow!!!

btw, coca cola was originally invented as a cure-all and was only sold in pharmacies.

• Kim

I don't drink it very often, but I really do enjoy it. :) I only get like, a small bottle once every 5 months? I'm not sure, but I hardly ever drink it. The most recent time a drank any was 2 weeks ago, I think. :P I've had one cavity my whole life, but I haven't been to the dentist in over a year so... I wouldn't doubt it if I had more. ^^ I brush my teeth once a day, even sometimes twice a day. Your so lucky. ^^ It hurt like hell when my tooth got drilled, or whatever they did. They first stuck a needle into the back of my mouth and stabbed my ... whatever you call the space behind your last tooth. :P It wasn't even numb yet when they starting drilling.... ^^' Yes, if it's up when I'm still on the computer. :P I think it's very good!!! ^^ She's really cute, and she kinda looks like the timid / quiet type. :P I think it's very good, and you did a really nice job with the shading too! ^^

• Ana

No it is not. It surely is a great achievement for the person who invented it in terms of money (he made it to convice us that soda is necessary and so we consume it) but it is not any contribution to the world, i we take contribution as an unselfish act to help the world or create better conditions (and we know that soda is the unhalthiest drink ever made)

Well, some might argue that Jobs' thing is as meaningless as the creation of soda.

SODA CHANGED MY LIFE.