Skyrim crashes and freezes, please help!?

I've had my copy of Skyrim sinse christmas and it worked fine up until today, now it crashes every time I try to into the cities palaces (all of them) such as Dragons reach and the Blue Palace and it just doesn't load. Is there a way to fix this? Or has this save somehow become corrupt?

• Lex
    Favorite Answer

It depends on what the issue is. Is it a case where you're walking around just fine, but once you go into a town, it crashes? Unless you can't load a game, I wouldn't say you have an issue with a corrupted file.

You may want to consider running your computer through a virus scanner. A lot of issues happen because the computer can't take the game. But if it was working fine and only recently began to crash, then that could be a symptom of a computer virus.

Try also setting your game to the minium requirements.

• ?

I had this comparable concern with this game on my device. Yep it nonetheless crashes like a mofo yet a minimum of i will play it for a at an identical time as in the previous it crashes. I merely hit F5 (quicksave) each and every 5 minutes. On my device I performed for 5 hours then experienced my first crash. Afterwards i attempted to run the sport and it locked up my pc. i attempted the run of the mill stuff, reboot, dx_diag, etc... What worked in the tip exchange into going into Steam and verifying record integrity, then defragging it. Afterwards it runs back with preliminary settings and vid card question. i do no longer understand why it is despite the fact that it rather works till it crashes back some hours later, then i'll could examine and defrag yet back. does not take long and extra of an annoyance than something. nonetheless, i will play the sport till this computer virus is patched.

Install or reinstall it on your hard drive other wise wipe it with a soft cloth