Burproprion (wellbutrin) and Propranolol (beta-blocker)?

I have moderate to severe social anxiety disorder which for the past 8 years has caused extreme nervousness and head tremors while in public or performing tasks. I was prescribed propranolol for this a few years back and it works fairly well for it. Recently, my psychiatrist prescribed me 100mg of generic... show more I have moderate to severe social anxiety disorder which for the past 8 years has caused extreme nervousness and head tremors while in public or performing tasks. I was prescribed propranolol for this a few years back and it works fairly well for it. Recently, my psychiatrist prescribed me 100mg of generic wellbutrin to be taken at 100mg once a day for 5 days, and then 100mg twice a day thereafter. He advised me that it would be fine to take with propranolol. I take two 10mg tablets of propranolol a day, and I began taking the wellbutrin last week. Went to a hockey game the other night after having taken 20mg of propranolol and 200mg of wellbutrin and I nearly lost my mind. I'm not sure what happened, but my social anxiety and nervousness was through the roof and I felt like I was about to have a nervous breakdown. What I would like to know is, are these medications safe to take together? To me, they seem contradictory, but the doctor and the pharmacist both assure me that it's fine. Not sure whether it was my body just adjusting or what, but it was terrible.
4 answers 4