Why can't Libertarians accept the vast majority of voters just don't want Ron Paul in power?

Believing in somebody's ideas is fine and dandy, but why all the delusion?

The vast majority of voters do not want the kind of radical elimination of government's role libertarians want. Neither on the left, or the right.

And that's just factual.

I mean, I'm personally far to the left of the normal spectrum.

I don't think socialism is such a bad idea.

But at least I'm aware of the fact I'm in a tiny minority of the population and the chance that's ever going to materialize in an election anytime soon are slim to none.

But the Ron Paul guys keep saying there's some conspiracy to hide what the people really want.

No. There isn't.

Most people reject libertarianism. Out of their own free will (Go figure).

Why can't they just accept that?

Best Answer

Because they don't believe the vast majority of voters ever even considered letting Ron Paul have power.

They seem to have a really hard time understanding that the world we live in today is vastly different than what existed at the time.

There was a much smaller population AND they had free labor (IE: slaves)...not nearly as much money was needed to fund the country.

The issues were different...the government they were rebelling from was a monarchy. They were LITERALLY getting no representation...not representation they didn't like or acknowledge (like MANY R. Paul supporters)

Those kind thrive off denial apparently.

Now, I like fantasy myself but jeezus, I acknowledge when it's fantasy.

Once the welfare establishment has been implemented, and so many Americans are dependant on the system, it shall be impossible to remove. By the very own words of Milton Friedman in the 60's.

The problem is, overspending will lead to such devaluation, inflation and unemployment that a sensible fiscal policy will be forced upon the people when we come close to collapse.

I would much rather do it now in a sensible way, before we have over 40% unemployment.

ROn Paul refuse to run as an independent and continue to run for President to change the Repulican party. The Republicans are thinking ways to placate the Ron Paul Republicans. Ron Paul is not an idiot.

They're blind to just how ignorant and harmful he really is. He's a misogynist, a bigot and more conservative than the Frothy Spewer on social issues.

I do agree with him on bringing our troops home but that is all. Well, that and legalizing drugs.

Agreed. We the electorate want a government that is strong on the GENERAL welfare of our people and the rest of the world; but not strong on militaristic adventures and private interests of the lords of banking, commerce and industry.

Yeah you're probably right, who wants to legalize the Constitution, end these endless unwinnable wars, establish a sound monetary system, or promote personal freedoms now a days?

What a loon!

• Mark

Hope springs eternal.

They've got hi-i-igh hopes! They've got hi-i-igh hopes! They've got high apple pie in the sky-y-y hopes! So every time you're feelin' bad, just remember that ant .......

Libertarians and reality don't get along well.

• Please stay in canada, commenting on our political system is like peeing on the grass on the other side of the fence when yours is already dead...