Is this computer a good choice for the sims 3?

Really looking at getting this desktop computer to replace my current one from 2005, and particularly looking for something that can be fast and run the sims 3+ all current/future expansions well.

HP Pavilion Desktop

2.8GHz 2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2600S processor; 8MB Cache

8GB system memory (2x4GB)

1.0TB hard drive

SuperMulti DVD Burner

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Radeon HD 6570 Graphics with 1GB DDR3 dedicated memory

6-speaker configurable audio with up to 5.1 surround sound capabilities

Connectivity options include 10/100 Ethernet LAN and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

15-in-1 memory card reader

Ports include 6 x USB 2.0

Includes HP USB Keyboard and optical mouse

So, would this be a good choice for what I want?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your system specs are pretty hi-end

You will definatly be able to run the game at some pretty good graphics settings

ALOT of other games would also work on your computer that are new

...Sim City 5 :D

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

A good burning software I recommend is Ashampoo Burning. It's 100% free and can be downloaded here: http://bitly.com/1sW2v54

If you want to create a DVD that works on a common DVD player, you definitely need a burning software. Copying the files of the movie as is won't work (If you do so your DVD player will not be able to play the video/movie properly). Ashampoo is a good option for every "burning need". It's reliable and professional, It can be used both for CDs and DVDs and it's very easy to use.

• 9 years ago

More than enough to be able to run Sims 3, pretty much every game. If you are just going to play Sims 3 and nothing else, maybe this computer might be a bit too much, I'm guessing the price on this is a bit high.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

it is going to run the Sims 3, yet i does no longer classify the Intel GMA 4500 as sturdy to run any sport previous Solitaire and Mahjong. i individually does no longer purchase/construct a working laptop or laptop right this moment using DDR2-800 reminiscence. the faster DDR3 reminiscence is genuine looking in fee now and could serve you properly for years yet to come back. I even have correct a much greater powerful equipment to play video games one and it presently expenditures approximately $630 at NewEgg.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes

Source(s): own one
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Hey,

A good burning program I recommend is Ashampoo Download it for free here http://j.mp/1lAV3G7

It's amazing.

Bye

• 9 years ago

Yes that is a excellent choice for a desktop computer.

Source(s): Good with Computers.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

excellent choice actually sims 3 on pc is one of the best and suitable games on pc

• 9 years ago

yeah that should be good, although with windows 8 coming out if you wait a bit you might get it cheaper.

Source(s): im a nerd
  • 9 years ago

Also perfect for other games

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.