Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

So I'm gonna dye my hair...?

Right now I have a red/auburn underdye and red/auburn dyed bangs. My natural hair is black, now you see I want to go back to black but would I have to dye my whole head black or just the parts that ive dyed red?

Favorite Answer

Celebrity wears two-tone hair dye all the time, trying to grow out their dye. Watch Victoria on the Young & the Restless, and another on Entertainment Tonight, she's one of the correspondence. Chloe Kardashian, Drew Barrymore & Guiliana Rancic, Sarh Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lopez (when she's not wearing hair extensions) have had their hair done like that (letting their highlights fade) for years! The other night, I even spotted Ivanka Trump's hair, she's letting her hair grow naturally on the Apprentice.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

You can do one of two things, to remove most of that dye. Links have been moved, might have to type them out.

1. By using Tide detergent with shampoo

Google "How to Remove Dye from Hair"

or

2. By shampooing you hair mix with a bit of Dawn.

Google "How to Use Dawn Dishwashing Liquid for Lightening Hair."

Here's an example what hair stripping will do to your hair.

It is worst than hair dyes. "I accidentally dyed my hair this awful black, stripped it, and now it is this crunchy crispy mess!"

Hair strippers are chemical treatments which are intended to strip out artificial color pigment with less risk or damage to the hair. The chemicals used are called reducing agents.

Certain 'metal' strippers containing sodium sulphoites are sold for reducing hair dyed with metallic dyes, as these dyes react violently with tint stripper containing hydrogen peroxide-the subsequent reaction may cause so much heat that the hair gets dissolved.

Example: So i just put Colour B4 on my hair to try and remove my black dye so my hair it's natural colour which is dark blonde. so i've just dried my hair and there's still dark patches on it. and in some places it's gone ginger. i have garnier pre lightener. should i use it? there's no way my hair could look worse than it is now lol.

Another example:

Can you imagine this being done on YOU? Ex. of one:

"Sooo i do hair, i should know these things! I made a major OOPS in my hair color today. I picked a color close to my natural (as i had it lighter than natural before), I had dye it that color and it turned a magenta color; terrible!! So i washed and washed and washed with head and shoulders, worked but took about two weeks. Being that was still such a terrible color i picked up another shade similar to my natural (odd color, a mix between red, blonde and light brown). I dyed it this morning and well it was BRIGHT red, so i ran to the store and grabbed a light brown (i have done this before, a few years back and worked like a charm to neutralize the red and brown together). So i dyed my hair TWICE today and its a DARK DARK DARK reddish dark brown. It looks very unnatural and i hate it. I need to get rid of this asap, any fast suggestions?"

Another example from YA! "I've tried color oops and it hurt my hair and I just got it healthy. I used loreal color remover which is practically bleach and it's pinkish. I refuse to dye my hair any longer.... suggestions? ThNks."

Before bottled shampoo & hair products were invented, mid 60's, all we've ever used was a bar of soap for body, hair & laundry. Just make sure you rinse well. Try that if that works better!

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

One example: MY HAIR DRESSER DYED MY HAIR GREY. I've been crying for the last 2 hours, I want to kill that bish for destroying what was amazing bleach blonde hair. AND to make things worse, she cut my extensions WAY too short.

Sources:

Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?

Your hair will likely look uneven if you don't dye all of it because the chances of you matching it exactly are slim. Either go to a salon or go to your your local beauty store. Going darker is easy so you could go to Sally's or order online the dye and the developer and do it yourself to save

a few bucks. I do mine myself. If you use semi or Demi permanent due you can eventually cut out the parts that were dyed auburn and transition to virgin hair if you want since the dye fades more as opposed to permanent dye. Hope that helps.

I don't get it, if your hair is black, why would it matter if you dye what you dyed red or not?

You would have to color it all black if you want it all black.

Source(s): I just did this 3 days ago