At what temperature should you go to the hospital as a 2 year old?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
  • Karen answered 2 years ago
I wouldn't rush to the hospital unless the temperature was very high, over about 104 - 105. If the temperature is under 102, use fever reducing medicine (tylenol, advil) only if the child is acting sick. A low grade fever means that the body is fighting the infection. If temperature is over 102, give tylenol or advil according to instructions. If child is still feverish tomorrow, go to the doctor.

Source:

Mom of 2 age 17 and 25.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (6)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Uh_Leesh_Uh answered 2 years ago
    I would take a 2 year old at 103. You can definitely call your pediatrician's office and ask their advice though. Also, if you can get him/her into the regular doctor today it will cost a lot less than the hospital.
    (Also go by how your child is acting. If s/he is lethargic, unresponsive. etc. go to the hospital)
    • Comment
  • D answered 2 years ago
    Best to ring your local hospital and ask for advice.
    • Comment
  • Jodi D answered 2 years ago
    Call the doctor if your baby is older than 6 months and has a temperature of 103 degrees F (39.4 degrees C) or higher. http://www.babycenter.com/0_fever_84.bc#...

Fever. Mild fevers are common and usually harmless. Contact the doctor if your baby seems unusually irritable, lethargic or uncomfortable. If your baby has an oral temperature of 102 F (38.9 C) or higher, give him or her acetaminophen (Tylenol, others). Contact the doctor if the fever doesn't respond to the medication or lasts longer than one day. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sarita J answered 2 years ago

Source(s):

me
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jlb answered 2 years ago
    As long as the child is responding to you and willing to be comforted, I wouldn't go to the hospital until it was 105. Although I would call the doctor for anything above 103.

Kids are notorious for very high temps. It would take a very very high fever to cause damage.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • loco answered 2 years ago
    c
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers: