Have you ever experienced this situation before - inappropriate thoughts?

Christians have you ever had this situation happen to you before? I started working with a new coworker last year. Instantly, I had a connection (spiritual) with her. She would always look at me and smile at me whenever she saw me. However she was too shy to talk to me. I instantly fell in what I perceived as... show more Christians have you ever had this situation happen to you before?

I started working with a new coworker last year. Instantly, I had a connection (spiritual) with her. She would always look at me and smile at me whenever she saw me. However she was too shy to talk to me. I instantly fell in what I perceived as love with her. Not lust. Love. I was not attracted to her physically but I was attracted to her in general. I felt this incredible love for her and desire to serve her.

I just recently found out that she has a debilitating illness and the light switch went on. Eureka!

God placed in me the love for her and the desire to serve her because of her illness.

However, not understanding my feelings I was misinterpreting them and having inappropriate thoughts about her. I was perverting agape love.

I asked the question months ago about the perversion of agape love.

I think I did this (by perversion, I mean have inappropriate sexual thoughts) because of my past, but I am a heterosexual Christian person.

Now that I know about her illness, it puts everything into perspepctive. I have asked God to forgive me and I have stopped the inappropriate thoughts.

Anyone else ever have this experience?