Does WinRAR Have a Virus?

I downloaded WinRAR about a year ago up till then it seemed to be working fine. When i decided to check if i had the latest sevice pack for windows xp, all my RAR files started to open up randomly and It said it was "updating" my RAR files. So I thought It was ok and left it. Now on every start-up all my... show more I downloaded WinRAR about a year ago up till then it seemed to be working fine. When i decided to check if i had the latest sevice pack for windows xp, all my RAR files started to open up randomly and It said it was "updating" my RAR files. So I thought It was ok and left it.
Now on every start-up all my RAR files open up and it "updates" my file. Ever since then my computer is acting slower than it usually is and sometimes it crashes and restarts randomly.I've run a McAfee Security Scan to check for viruses with no luck.
Does anybody know how to fix this? Or why its happening? I need help!!
5 answers