Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 years ago

Would a mexican food engineering degree be valid in USA?

I was wanting to see if an immigrant would be able to get the same job she studied for in her country in this one, she has been in school for food engineering for 4 years and i wanna help her immigrate, but i dont want her schooling to go to waist, would her degree be valid? if not whats a good job she could get with that schooling?


and this is possibly my fiance we are talking about, i just wanna know if her degree would be valid in america cuz she isnt sure it will be, and if its not, i want to know what careers would accept her based on her schooling.

Update 2:

Could i please get enough racist comments! quit with the taco jokes its not funny, i would like to report you if you keep doing this.

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    any degree can be good .. getting the job offer is harder

    There are basically NINE ways that you can get a visa to live and work in the US:

    (1) Marriage (or engagement in anticipation of marriage) to a US citizen.

    (2) You have skills that are in short supply in the US e.g. scientific or medical training. A degree is normally a must. Or you have superior specialist skills with at least 12 years experience. (H visas)

    (3) You have an Employer who is willing to transfer you - but even the employer has to make a good case for you - so you have to be a manager unless you fall under category (2) above.(L visas)

    (4) You may get a Green card in the diversity lottery (UK citizens, except N.Ireland, are not generally eligible unless you, your spouse or parents were born abroad or held a different citizenship.

    (5)You own or buy business (does not get you permanent resident status i.e. no green card)You must be a national of a qualifying Treaty countries. The business must have a minimum value of around $150k (more the better) bearing in mind you will need somewhere to live and with any startup business you will need at least 2 years living money as back up. So a figure of $350k would be a nearer minimum (E-2 visas)

    (6)You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you. half of that in a few areas. And your background will be investigated to the hilt. (EB-5 visas)

    (7)You have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this take 2-12 years?

    (8.The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation

    (9)THE UNUSUAL You are in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum. or You get a member of Congress to sponsor a private bill with legislation that applies just to you.

    The S visa issued to persons who assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime

    Recruitment agent will not take you seriously if you are not already in the US. Writing for jobs is really a waste of time; likewise US employers have no idea what foreign qualification are or mean (except Degrees) it may pay you to get your qualification translated into a US equivalent, there are Companies that do this ( ..

    But if you are getting a visa under (2) above then you need a job offer before you can get the visa. Your Employer will be your sponsor this will cost them upward of $5k. So you can see you have to be offering something really special to get considered They may also have to prove to the Dept of labor that there is no American who can do the job if the position is to be permanent ©

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    I don't think you will find the answer here, just a bunch of stupid stereotypical comments from dumb Americans. They always prove to be the most disgusting nation in the world.

    Try to speak in the secretary of the university which you want to study in. They should give you the proper information. If not, try to speak with the ambassador or some kind of diplomat related to US.

    Anyway, I would prefer to have a worse wage than living in country like US. Not hating, just my opinion.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    No lol, that's a degree in Mexico? Seriously?

    What would you do, fry tacos? If its a fiance i guess it doesn't matter though.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Yes, maybe you can settle the debate whether or not Taco Bell can say their tacos contain beef.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.