What is the best gay romance novel/book?

Tell me title and writer. And where to get it.

Best Answer

Try "Absolutely, Positively Not" by David LaRochelle. It's an amusing and touching story about a boy who struggles with coming to terms with his sexuality. You might also want to try "The Misfits" by James Howe, although the homosexuality in that particular novel is more of a sub-plot.

• Lois

I've never read a gay novel before (think I will now though, I never thought about it before - didn't know they made them for some reason) but I do watch a lot of gay anime and read gay manga and watch live action movies. And I know, watching TV isn't the same as reading a good book to a lot of people - and anime itself is something a lot of people are skeptical about. But I swear I'm a totally normal person - it's just, I secretly have a great appreciation for the art a lot of anime/manga has. And there are 2 I know of that would suit you perfectly I think! It's not focusing on the sex part of it (though it does get steamy - though not uncomfortably so - at least in the anime lol); it focuses more on the romance part of it (one of the shows is called "Pure Romance" when translated to English). Both of these are by the same artist, Shungiku Nakamura, and they are my favorite stories ^^ They are so well written and so well drawn! You may be really really skeptical, and you may just not even get this far in my whole paragraph that I'm trying to convince you in lol, but I really think you'll enjoy these shows! I'm going to beg you to watch at least the first 2 episodes of each of them because I don't think you'll regret it! Each of the series follows 3 couples and their stories, and it's very heart warming, and will make you cry sometimes but usually ends happily, and is very very very funny :) The first one is called Junjou Romantica (translated - "Pure Romace") - 24 eps - sadly, most likely is finished for forever and the other one (which is technically a spin off Junjou but is just as good and well thought out and drawn) is called Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (translated - "The World's Greatest First Love") - 12 eps - ongoing though The voice acting is so good too! Haha, this was really long, but hopefully you read it and are convinced by how much I love them :D I think I'm going to read the authors you've posted too, they seem good :)

i know this isnt a book but the movie the sitter made me cry, the whole story isn't about the gay boy but it does elaborate on it quite a bit and it is so sweet

Well for me I thought it was Hero by Perry Moore. It's a really good book.

this my sound like self advertisement, but people seem to like my gay romance on Figment, it's free too! all you need is a computer! and you could even leave some constructive criticism!

it's also a work in progress, so it'll leave cliffhangers and junk like that!

http://figment.com/books/243563-2nd-Grade-Crushes

ABDULLAH AND ABDULLAH,BY ABU SAPIEN.

AVAILABLE IN ANY ONLINE STORE.

I don't think theres any