Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

What happens to a person guilty of manslaughter while using self-defence?

Someone approaches me with a weapon, most likely a cold weapon.

I panic and kill them as a result of self-defence and fear for my life.

I am charged with manslaughter, not murder.

What happens to me?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • CJ
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If it's self-defense, you won't be charged with anything. If you just plain kill someone, not in self-defense, that's murder, not manslaughter. If you shoot your weapon in the air, the round falls and accidently kills someone, that's manslaughter.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

If you want to understand the actual life home defense then you require the program https://tr.im/F4Z3u , the Patriot Self Defense program.

This extremely special self-defense deal contain everything you need, all the primary mental techniques and action measures that you have to know and get before it' too late to be able to understand a possible assailant, prepare yourself to endure a shock strike while eliminating eager and violent attempts on your life in seconds. The Patriot Self Defense is the greatest online plan for defense.

• 9 years ago

Self defense is a defense usable in the court of law. You should not be penalized.

• 9 years ago

If there's enough evidence that he was going to kill u, u won't get jailed, but if the 'jury' says u killed him on purpose, ur gonna be doing hard time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.