Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 8 years ago

Correct radio procedure?

I have just finished cutting a farm airstrip to use my UL. However, it is just 4.5 km away and inside a CZ of a local city airport that does require VFR voice clearance but not use of a transponder.

Since the airspace above my property is federal, what information in a radio call should I make seeking clearance yet allows me to takeoff and land at my own property

1 Answer

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I would call the tower by phone before you do any flying and give them a head up about your airstrip. That would also be an opportunity to ask them what procedures they prefer you to use when flying to or from your field.

    In any case, you would just need to talk to the tower on the radio and get clearance, nothing fancy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.