Has government surveillance/spying been successful in rooting out terrorists and dangerous persons/groups?

Im looking for a website or something that has information on whether government surveillance and spying on citizens has been effective in the past in catching threats to national security.

I need to give evidence either for or against that government surveillance has been effective in the past, most preferably from a good and reputable source, not just something off the top of your head.

like an info site or database of some sort that has statistics or something about this.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Good luck in your search. I've been trying to find a good website that gives away all our espionage tactics and whether or not covert assasinations ever really do any good.

Source(s): To be truy accurate in its figures, the web site would reveal far to much about what we found out about whom and how than the "powers that be" are willing to release.
  • 4 years ago

Cobra. heavily, its the toddler boomers. right this moment it must be the Iranian look after, the following day its the Somali pirates, next week its Al Qaida lower back, ANY loosly prepared team with a prepared suicide bomber makes the checklist however the concern-unfastened denominator above faith, ethnicity, or nationality is the age team of the leaders. definite the easily highjackers, suicide bombers, etc.. is approximately eighteen however the adult men at the back of the curtain molding the minds have been all conceived circa 1950. wait and notice what happens whilst a extra clever technology starts to bypass in, particularly over interior the mid east. the u . s . might fall to the politcal wayside as quickly as we get some X-slackers in severe place of work yet i do no longer think of the greed point would be as stated. Time will tell if i'm good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.