What have you done to natrually induce labor?

Just wondering what have others done to induce labor the natural way, I have heard of Castor Oil but have heard very few success stories( quite frankly the fact that it makes you poo your brains out does not appeal to me at all!) So My question is WHAT HAVE YOU TRIED AND HOW DID IT WORK FOR YOU?

MEN NEED NOT ANSWER :)

LET ME CLARIFY... MEN NEED NOT ANSWER UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN THE LABOR AND BIRTH CHILD...BETTER

Favorite Answer

Castor oil idea sounds disgusting and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I never tried it and never would.

Our son was 6 days overdue, my fiance and I had sex and then about 3-4 hours later I went into labor so that one definitely worked for us hehe.

Other natural ways I've heard of (but never really tried) are: walking, walking up and down stairs and eating spicy food

"MEN NEED NOT ANSWER"? shooooot im a pro i helped induce my wife twice! Castor oil only succeeds in making sure once you go into labor, the person on the business end gets a brown shower. the absolute best way and this also worked for my sister in law was walking around. there are dozens of websites and hundreds of books and all kinds of old wives tales, but in the end that baby is gonna come when its ready. its not up to you or the doctors. if theres a complication that requires a baby to come immediately, you'll have to go c-section. no amount of tricks or coaxing will hurry the process. walking around though will jostle the baby into position in the pelvic cavity and help align the baby and get your body ready for the torture youre gonna put it through. we also tried pushing down gently on the belly like a massage to attempt to convince the kid its time to go, but really the only thing that works is to break the water and walking is the best thing for that. ALSO, Stress works wonders. if you want to really get that blood pumping have some bad news saved up for just this occasion, "oh by the way honey i lost this kids college fund at the track!" or something to raise your blood pressure

Source(s): i have two kids and was actively a part of 8 deliveries

Make love! It works! :)