Is this bowel cancer? Help! TMI alert!!?

Hi!

Yesterday for the first time in my life I experienced a lot of red blood (in the toilet bowl and on the tp) after a bm. The past few times I have had a bm it was quite painful .. like a sharp pain. I went to the doc yesterday who just referred me to a surgeon, but I won't get in for a few weeks.

I'm only 29 years and very fit and healthy, with no family history of cancer that I know of. I also had a csection a few months ago.

What could it be? THANK YOU!! Gross ... I know!!

Favorite Answer

You're constipated, and hard stools and straining results in bleeding from hemorrhoids or little tears (fissures). I doubt you need a surgeon. Change your diet to more fiber, drink more water, exercise, and you'll be fine.

Bright red blood and a sharp pain during a bm is far more likely to be an anal fissure or haemorrhoids than cancer. If you suffer regularly from constipation or hard stools you are very likely to end up with piles or a fissure. Pregnancy, unfortunately is often a time when a woman will begin to suffer from haemorrhoids.

You can obtain analgesics creams from the pharmacy, and you should seek to add more fibre or bulking agents to your diet and drink plenty of liquids to soften your stools so that they are less painful to pass and do less damage to the tissue of your back passage.

Taking sitz baths can be very helpful in the treatment of anal fissures;

http://ibs.about.com/od/treatmentofibs/ht/sitzbath...

No....you are simply dealing with Hemorrhoids. Very common to see a lot of red blood.

Source(s): Lifetime of Hemorrhoids.