Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Which regime do you think is worse - North Korea, or Afghanistan under the Taliban?

It's a tough call for me. I'd have to think about it for a while. What about you?

• Joshua
    Favorite Answer

North Korea. The Taliban is more like a really powerful organized crime syndicate than a government. They don't have direct control over Afghanistan, but terrorize the tribes and keep them under tribute because there isn't one united power in Afghanistan that can beat them; at least they did until the US came in. The Taliban's position in Afghanistan is more a result of the lack of structure in Afghanistan than their own ability.

North Korea on the other hand is an established government that has terrorized its own people for years. Most of the population in their country lives in concentration camps. The whole country was plunged into a famine when Kim Jong-Il dammed the Taedong River, preventing the flood cycles that made the land arable. The people of North Korea are living 60 years behind the rest of the world and in miserable squalor because of the Kims, and the Kims KNOW it. They're aware of the outside world and do nothing to change the conditions of their people, instead preventing them from learning about the outside world. North Koreans actually believe they're better off than the rest of the world because of state propaganda.

North Korea is sick. The more you learn about it, the worse it gets.

communism is a failed twentieth century attempt and the basically 'communist international locations' now are those who're evolving into capitalism. China as an get together is truly authoritarian yet isn't communist, yet no man or woman has ever particularly executed communism. It replaced right into a absurd some distance left wing desirable that looked tremendous on paper yet as quickly because it replaced into presented on a tremendous scale, the organic greed of the few took over and the international locations were plunged into oppresive totalitarian regimes. they maintain the human beings lower than administration with a siege mentality and hatred of an outdoors impression, contained in the dprk that's united statesa.. Ive have met chinese language human beings international huge and that i have travelled alot, yet I have in no way met a north korean. that's unhappy because each and each of the programmes i see on north korea come to an same end, that folk are managed - and the more severe challenge is all of us study about it because something of the international has spent the mind-blowing 40 years gazing those structures both falling aside or being compelled to adapt. vacationers in north korea are shown precisely what the authorities needs them to be sure, and the almost laugable challenge is, that they trust that we trust what we are seeing. Their minds do no longer artwork like something human beings, we criticise each thing we see, they do no longer, they basically settle for it. Ive heard the country is style of a disney land of communism, which may be relaxing if no longer for the 20 million human beings suffering. it is going to crumple except it is going an same way as china, to adapt. If human beings do no longer study from historic previous then they are condemned to make an same blunders. at the same time as the bamboo curtain finally falls the south and china are going to be picking up the bill. And there'll be 20 million human beings in choose of severe psycological help.

• Socks

I'd say North Korea because they have the nukes, fortunately they aren't a very aggressive country.

The Taliban hates America and western values in general, not to mention very little regard for human life.

I agree, tough call!

• Riley

Neither, it's not up us to be opinionated, on how someone decorates there home, or how they arrange there furniture in it. We wouldn't want people walking into houses, painting the walls a different colour, or move our furniture around, only to suit themselves.

If people don't want something, or someone in there house, they throw it out, and tell them to leave. It doesn't seem like these people want to throw things out, or ask people to leave. If they did, it's up to them to decide what they want, and do it themselves.

Everything seems bad from the outside, this arguement is invalid inless you actually spend time in these places, who's to know which society will survive the longest at the end of time only time will tell.

both regimes are very bad. in north korea you do not live you exist and you are only a numbe or a tool of production. in afganistan you cannot have a peaceful life because of the taliban thay brought the U.S army including some european troops and now they have a never ending war. you can be shot by both sides for no reason anytime. so i think both regimes are very bad

I've read several books on the Taliban, it was bad.

I haven't read anything on North Korea, just online articles and spoken with a few South Koreans, but it's no picnic their either.

Tough call....thinking and thinking....I would say they are both horrible beyond belief, just different agendas.

N. Korea. It is a top down totalitarian facist communist dictatorship. It starves it's people and has nuclear weapons that are very real concern of certainly the US.

From what I have read I would say the North Korean gulags would put them at the top of the list.

Taliban's Afghanistan is worse. I'm an atheist and an ex-Muslim. I think North Korea would be more suitable for me.