How To Disable The Internal Speaker For Windows XP?

I have been trying to get sound to only come through me headset, and it works, but sound is also coming through the internal speaker when I'm gaming, or watching videos. How do I disable the sound from the internal speaker, without interfering with the headset?

Just to add extra detail, my computer is a HP Compaq that runs on Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(HD Compaq dc5750)

Favorite Answer

Right click on the icon that you would normally use to change the volume.

Select the option that is something like "Open Volume Mixer".

You will see lots of volume sliders.

Make sure your headphones are plugged in.

If there is a seperate slider for headphones and your speakers then mute the speakers and you're done.

If not then there should be a drop down menu under the one that says "Headphones and Speakers".

Click it and select "Independent Headphones" or something similar.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

PS- I made this tutorial on Windows 7 so I hope it works on XP. Give it a try anyway.

• wehner

The beep is a speaker on your motherboard the basically thanks to disable that is to open your laptop and disconnect the speaker by ability of slicing the wires i tips you do not attempt this, establishing up a laptop negative aspects unfavourable it as any static discharge can kill any area of the inner hardware which includes, processor, RAM, hard disk, or maybe the motherboard itself also, the speaker is sensible because it may allow you to recognize hardware laptop issues by ability of beep codes that are fairly sensible.