Who do you think would win if Israel fought Iran?

Logic tells me Israel would win BUT, russia is backing Iran. If Russia backed Iran, and we (USA) backed Israel.....that would take a whole different dynamic. At any rate, who would if they just fought each other.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

According to Bible prophecy Israel will. In Ezekiel 38, a prophecy to come says, "The Word of the Lord came to me; Son of man, set your face against Gog (Russia) of the land Magog (the land of Russia) the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him and say; This is what the Sovereign says, I am against you O Gog, Chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army, you horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields (Ismaic nations) all of them brandishing swords; Persia, (Iran) Cush (Ethiopia) and Put (Libya) will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer (Turkey) with all its troops."

Ezekiel 38: 1-6.

This is what the Sovereign Lord says, "Once again I will yield to the plea of the house of Israel and do this for them; I will make their people as numerous as sheep, as numerous as the flocks for offering at Jerusalem during her appointed feasts. So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the Lord. Ezekiel 36: 37-38. " You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be My people, and I will be your God." Ezekiel 36: 28.

In Daniel Chapters 9, 10, 11. South is Egypt, North is Russia, East is China, West is the U.S., the U.N. and other allies.

Source(s): The Holy Bible.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • wren
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Israel could win for particular. Israel has one in each and every of if not the final defense force in the international and that they are smarter than Iran will ever be. Iran is murdering their very own human beings. Iran's terrorist president has killed 2 gay toddlers in undemanding terms for being gay. Israel has greater suitable kit and weapons. Iran could run in concern of the effective Israel purely like Iraq's military ran whilst u . s . a . of america have been given there. Take it for some that understand and not in undemanding terms wager.

• 8 years ago

Russia is not interested in participating in any miitary engagements. The U.S. under Obama does not want any more military engagements. Why would Israel win? Do they have better missiles and more equipment? Israel should not attack Iran or anyone else. There is enough turmoil going on in the region.

• Big K
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The Israelis won't be trying to change the Iranian government, get their oil, or occupy their land. The Israelis will be fighting to kill enough Iranians to make the Iranian government surrender. Everyone in Israel has basic military training, an invasion of Israel would turn into a bloodbath even with a fully armed and supported western army. Even if Iran could get to them (keep in mind they'd have to cross hundreds of miles of hostile Iraqi territory) the Israelis are skilled and brutal, I feel bad for any poor souls sent against them. If things go nuclear Israel will just wipe out Iran and the entire muslim world as a final screw you to all of them. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and realize that nuclear war means everyone loses, but cooler heads aren't exactly something the middle east is known for.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In an all-out war in which the Israelis decided that the very existence of their state was threatened, they could make use of their nuclear arsenal to wipe Iran off the map. They have the capability of killing every Iranian hundreds of times over.

(In 2008, ex-President Carter said that Israel had 150 or more nuclear weapons.)

But perhaps you were asking about some more limited conflict?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If it was just Israel vs. Iran with no "allies" backing either side up, Iran would definitely win. Israel wouldn't stand a chance.

• 8 years ago

No one would win, that two party war could not happen -- no way to deliver troops by either nation. Israel depends on the US to finish her evil little enterprise, Israel NEEDS ww3 in order to survive. Israel and Iran cannot go toe to toe. Iran does not want ww3, Israel does.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

the zionist agenda of greed of wall street , corporations , and the bankers , would win . this whole phony " crisis " is just to justify the recent run up of gas prices . in one month , with a 50 cent increase at the pump , the wall street oil speculators made an EXTRA 20 billion dollars profit .

which is why i am voting for a president and congress that salutes a flag with five pointed stars , not six . sorry mitt .

Source(s): human need , not corporate greed
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Israel.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Iran. The IDF is not known for it's leadership or tactical skills. The last time they went into Lebanon they ended up running away after just two weeks. Much easier to shoot stone throwing children then soldiers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.