*Blush* asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 9 years ago

Anyone know how much it might cost to drive a U-haul truck from Toronto to Vancouver?

For the truck, gas, etc alone (i have food and accommodations figured out already) Approximate guesses are fine. I'm planning this move next summer but have absolutely no idea how much to save up for this part of the planning

Update:

Also, my preferred route is through Canada

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For a ten day rental that includes 5194km :

a 10 foot U-haul truck = $3800 (approximate)

a 14 foot U-haul truck = $3900 (approximate)

a 17 foot U-haul truck = $4100 (approximate)

a 20 foot U-haul truck = $4700 (approximate)

a 26 foot U-haul truck = $5000 (approximate)

The route through Canada is approximately 4500km.

And the U-Haul web site has the mileage rates in miles per gallon for each vehicle type, so I had to convert them into kilometers per litre.

A 10 foot truck gets about 19.31km/litre which should require about 233 litres of gas.

At Toronto's current average of 131.56 cents/litre, the gas cost = $307 (approximate).

A 14 foot truck gets about 16.09km/litre which should require about 280 litres of gas.

At Toronto's current average of 131.56 cents/litre, the gas cost = $368 (approximate).

A 17 foot truck gets about 16.09km/litre which should require about 280 litres of gas.

At Toronto's current average of 131.56 cents/litre, the gas cost = $368 (approximate).

A 20 foot truck gets about 16.09km/litre which should require about 280 litres of gas.

A 26 foot truck gets about 14.48km/litre which should require about 311 litres of gas.

At Toronto's current average of 131.56 cents/litre, the gas cost = $409 (approximate).

Safemove insurance covers damage and theft of U-Haul trucks, damage to your belongings and includes medical/life protection for you and your passenger.= $188

Who knows what the gas prices will be next summer? Also, I did not include taxes in any of my calculations.

• 4 years ago

U Haul Vancouver

• girton
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Uhaul Canada

• 9 years ago

What size truck/ makes a huge difference. do as suggested and look at their site for the info...or call them. Guesses are likely to be way wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Gas in Vancouver is much, much higher than Toronto. I would figure $1.50/l, which gives you a buffer.

• 9 years ago

take the average mileage of that uhaul, cut it by say 3-4 mpg, and then find out the distance from your point of departure to your point of arrival in miles. multiply that distance by 60 and divide by your mpg.

• 9 years ago

go to www.uhaul.com and they will give you an estimate online

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.