Why does God curse people who hang on a tree?
Also, why does God command that the person be taken down before night? What is the theology behind this? Jews, Christians, Muslims, and everyone else for that matter, are welcome to offer their expertise.
- Sheltie LoverLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Galatians 3:13 "But The Messiah has redeemed us from the curse of The Written Law, and he became a curse in our place, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”.
<< Deuteronomy 21:23 >> ..........."the body must not remain hanging from the tree overnight. You must bury the body that same day, for anyone who is hung is cursed in the sight of God. In this way, you will prevent the defilement of the land the LORD your God is giving you as your special possession."
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
21:22,23 By the law of Moses, the touch of a dead body was defiling, therefore dead bodies must not be left hanging, as that would defile the land. There is one reason here which has reference to Christ; He that is hanged is accursed of God; that is, it is the highest degree of disgrace and reproach. Those who see a man thus hanging between heaven and earth, will conclude him abandoned of both, and unworthy of either. Moses, by the Spirit, uses this phrase of being accursed of God, when he means no more than being treated most disgracefully, that it might afterward be applied to the death of Christ, and might show that in it he underwent the curse of the law for us; which proves his love, and encourages to faith in him.
- MelkhaLv 79 years ago
Deuteronomy - Chapter 13
6. And that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death; because he spoke falsehood about the Lord, your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeemed you from the house of bondage, to lead you astray from the way in which the Lord, your God, commanded you to go; so shall you clear away the evil from your midst.
14. "Unfaithful men have gone forth from among you and have led the inhabitants of their city astray, saying, 'Let us go and worship other gods, which you have not known.'
Deuteronomy - Chapter 21
22. If a man commits a sin for which he is sentenced to death, and he is put to death, you shall [then] hang him on a pole.
23. But you shall not leave his body on the pole overnight. Rather, you shall bury him on that [same] day, for a hanging [human corpse] is a blasphemy of God, and you shall not defile your land, which the Lord, your God, is giving you as an inheritance.
This is a degradation of the [Divine] King in Whose image Man is created. This is comparable to two identical twin brothers. One [of them] became king, while the other was arrested for robbery and hanged. Whoever saw him [the second brother, suspended on the gallows], would say,“The king is hanging!” [Therefore, the king ordered, and they removed him ]
- HogieLv 79 years ago
I wouldn't call someone hanging from a tree blessed.
And, if taken down before night, the body will not be scavenged by predators, or be so over-ripe the next morning as to be intolerable to take down the body and bury it.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Just like Judas Iscariot who met God in the flesh, kept the Passover but he betrayed the Messiah for thirty pieces of silver
Since God gave him salvation but Judas threw away his salvation
God says that it is better if Judas didn't receive salvation in the first place
youtube.com: i have already come
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- ?Lv 79 years ago
Hanging Is For Bats...
- Anonymous9 years ago
WRONG...JESUS DID THAT...NO REFS ...this is a weird ques...