Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is This Labtop good for $500?

Toshiba Satellite 17.3" Laptop featuring AMD E-Series E-450 (C670D-01P) - Black

Energy Star

This Toshiba Satellite C670 series laptop is designed with desktop-style performance. It features an AMD E series processor, 4 gigs of RAM, and a 750GB hard drive to give you the speed, power and space you need for any application. And with integrated Wi-Fi, a 17.3" HD display, and more, you'll be able to get connected just about everywhere.

Product Features

This mobile powerhouse is loaded with:

AMD E Series Processor E-450 and 4GB DDR3 system memory

750GB hard drive

Wi-Fi

Pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium

USB 2.0 and memory card connectivity options

With its bright 17.3" HD display you've got a big, wide window into your ever-expanding world of possibilities. An AMD processor not only makes this laptop highly capable - combined with plenty of memory and storage, plus a numeric key pad, they'll make you wonder why you didn't go mobile before.

Shop or browse online. Make friends on Facebook. Post your photos. Or start the next must-read blog. Built-in Wi-Fi makes it easy to make those connections. And thanks to a webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition, you can chat live or chime in on that study group. You'll also have ports to plug in printers, scanners and more.

Please Note: This product contains English and French operating instructions and system software. In this context GB or Gigabytes refers to 1 Billion Bytes. The actual formatted capacity will be less.

What's in the Box?

AC Adapter

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes this is a good computer. Personally, i would go for an intel i5 or i7. Otherwise, just dont install any viruses. lol

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes. Toshiba laptops tend to last a while longer than others and offer power and reliability. I have had two of them for 3+ years and only one of them has a hard drive issue and no other problems. Also, the laptop you are looking at has more power than it needs for any current games. Your RAM will handle most of the gaming on your laptop and I bet, even if you are running a resource-consuming game like Sims 3 or World of Warcraft, you will still only use about 60% of your RAM's capacity if you don't go crazy on graphics.

AMD tends to run hot, but they don't break down as easily as Intel processors. I have replaced many Intel cores but haven't had any issues with AMD in 5+ years. (yet) intel tends to give up power in order to run cool, but they also fail sooner than AMD for some reason. (could just be bad luck on my users' parts. but their intel cores only last about 2 or 3 years while the amd cores last about 5 or 6)

Source(s): 5 years as an IT Professional: US Army.
  • John
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

it might be,but the e series is the entry level processor by amd. the a series has dedicated graphics and turbob oost technology, you woudl be better off with one of those laptops, contact me if you need more help.

• 9 years ago

would go for an intel core i3 over the e-series processor. sounds good though

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It is the good choice but try to buy laptop with high processor. so many choices for gaming , those can fulfill your requirements.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.