Can I buy USPS money order in Canada?

I've asked couple of people around and some people say I can only buy them in the states but I called my school's post-office and they say they have them? I live in Canada & have an application for which they require the United States Postal services money order.

Favorite Answer

You can buy the same equivalent of a postal money order available from USPS from your local post office which is the Canada Post. Since USPS is the United States Postal Service, it does not have offices in Canada. The bottom line is a postal money order from both countries are just as good and reliable to all sellers, and you can buy one with US$ even inside Canada.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/productss...

Source(s): ll

Your school may have them because it's one of their requirements. This doesn't mean that you can buy them elsewhere. If you go into a Canada Post store, you'll be sold an international money order or a domestic money order, and neither will be the USPS type. I live in the States, and for use in the States, I buy the USPS money order, which is green. If I'm sending one to Canada, I buy the international, which is pink - or used to be. Haven't bought one in a few years

I would believe your school's post office - they must carry them as there are other poeple like you who need them.

----------