Doctor Spitzer apologizes for claiming ex-gay therapy works?

Has everyone seen this little gem? The oft sited Dr. Spitzer has apologized for his bogus study claiming that there is some success in "ex-gay" therapy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/19/health/dr-robert...

OOPS, cited

Favorite Answer

Cited. And I've always said that I want to hear death-bed statements from those "converted" gays that their conversion really worked.

"The idea to study reparative therapy at all was pure Spitzer, say those who know him, an effort to stick a finger in the eye of an orthodoxy that he himself had helped establish."

While I appreciate his apology, him (temporarily) going back on his original conclusion that it doesn't work was the worst kind of example of a straight person intentionally being "controversial" about gay issues

as if their moral guiding principal was being on the side of the snotty contrarian rebels pissing off the smug PC establishment and there's no difference between the "orthodoxy" of people who wanted to persecute gays and the "orthodoxy" of gay people who were merely defending themselves by telling the truth.

• Ivory

Wow, a scientist who actually admits when he's wrong? Gee, that's a first.