Is it too late to start a martial art at 18?

I'm 18 and I want to start Muay Thai training. Are there any limitations I would face since I didn't start at a young age?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you have to start at negative three months.

You feel better for not trying it now?

Source(s): Me
  • 9 years ago

HELL NO martial arts is for everyone no one can be ashamed in starting late because it doesn't matter in martial arts talent means nothing its hard work and conviction that will give you credit and Muay Thai is wonderful martial arts YOU SHOULD DO IT BUT WARNING ITS A TOUGH MARTIAL ARTS SO WATCH OUT FOR DANGEROUS USERS okay and you should watch and read this martial arts series its called History mightiest disciple kenichi and for the manga its history strongest disciple kenichi read it. it has so much information about muay thai and many others oh p.s the links to read manga which mean Japanese comics is WWW.Manghere.com YOU WILL LOVE IT AND LEARN ALOT FIRST WATCH THEN READ OKAY

Source(s): study martial arts by reading or looking online TO STUDY
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

of course not I am doing Muay Thai and at my gym there are people starting at the age of 40.

Source(s): My Brain
  • grewe
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No its no longer too late for martial arts. bypass in karate and get that black belt! in case you dont do it now you will sense sorry after 2 an prolonged time considering you on no account reached black belt, My cousin have 6 dan. in aikido karate and he's around 50... and he's coach there in africa ... right here in Croatia there's a sensei in city of Sambor (he's 60) and he's 4th dan . in kyokushin kai and he nevertheless TRAINS IT! so element of this tale is that its on no account too late for martial arts

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, alot of europeans don't start til there 20's

• 9 years ago

Nope, it's the perfect time for you to start now.

• 9 years ago

no you can start at any age you want

• 9 years ago

no. but there is for being a douche and asking this stupid question =). We can smell your weakness.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, you will not succeed

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you can start whenever you want

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.