Ms. W
Ms. W asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 8 years ago

How can I repel insects and crickets from coming into my apartment. ( i live on a ground floor)?

Can I put anything in my tiny garden to stop them from coming around? Also, does anyone know if the electronic devises to keep insects out, actually work? ( I try and be careful opening and closing my patio door but I live in a country type setting)

Favorite Answer

No, those electronic things do not work. If you can spray around the outside of your door, it will probably keep the insects outside.

Source(s): Me.

No, the electronic things don't work. You need to check all around your doors and windows for space where the insects can get in. It is the property managers job to maintain the weather stripping, etc. You can spray around the outside!! of the doors and windows, but I suspect your landlory may already have a service that does that. Find out. Also the pipes through the walll for the plumbing should have foam spray around them to keep insects from moving from one apartment to another. You still have electrical boxes, ceiling lights, etc that can provide entrace.

Being on the ground floor means you are closer to the ground, soil, plants, etc so insects will want to visit you first. You may have to take action after they are already inside. Vacuum them up, fly swatter, etc.

Have a bright light outside and yellow or dimmed lights inside.