How to cook bread by steaming on stove pot?

I am just reading up and learning about how you can make a much softer bread using steam. I am making gluten free bread. I understand you can place the loaf pan in a pot with a tight lid with a small hole. You would fill hot water about half way up the loaf. My question: Do I turn the stove on to a certain temperature or turn it off completely and the way it cooks is the boiling water in there already?

Best Answer

If you steam you bread on the stove top, it it remain very soft and not have the crispy outer crust like normal bread. Basically if you do that, what you will result in will be more like the texture of a pork bun, if you ever had one. I think the best and simplest way to achieve this would be with a rice maker, steamer basket or a double boiler.

What you should do is keep the burner at a consistent temperature, maybe until the water comes to a simmer. You don't want it too hot or you will burn the bottom of the bread. I know it sounds clique but this technique means low and slow (temp and time). Also, a good tip is if you like your bread with a crust on the outside, cook the bread the way above. Preheat your oven to 450 and once the bread is done, put it in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until it gets a crusty oustide.

It relies upon on in case you ought to hold the nutrients or no longer. in lots of circumstances mountain mountaineering we automobile-camp so for you to take canned nutrients. You had some somewhat good solutions here. Ramon is okay, yet you ought to spice it up with some dry soup mixture or sparkling greens. otherwise it is barely salty pasta and you will tire of it. speaking of dried soup mixture (which you would be able to get on the Groc. keep), on my final in one day I took (to our severe camp) an excellent meat sandwich for dinner and merely brewed up some soup, and later made tea. a chum who's a woman, delivered cookies. Yum! for breakfast I had dry cereal, powdered milk and sugar and a warm chocolate. I crammed a pair of granola bars in my wallet and left camp at 5 am for the summit feeling like I had adequate to devour for breakfast.